Asus uses a modified version of the Phoenix AwardBIOS that has been gracing computers for years. The menu is split into Main, Power, Boot, Tools, and Advanced submenus. The Main menu is where you get the System Time, Date, and IDE drives, SATA Drives, set HDD SMART Monitoring and sees the installed memory on the system.
The Power submenu is where the S1 and S3, Wake on LAN, ACPI APIC support, APM configuration and Hardware monitoring is located. The Boot menu is where the Boot Device Priority, HDDs, CD-ROM drives, Boot Settings Configuration and Security submenus are located. The tools area allows you to save or load profiles for the BIOS and use EZ Flash to flash your BIOS. The advanced menu is where all the major tweaking on the board is done unless you want to use the AI Suite to overclock. The menu is split into JumperFree Configuration, CPU Configuration, Chipset, PCIPnP and Onboard Device Configuration. The JumperFree Configuration is where the main overclocking is done.
- CPU Frequency 200-600 in 1MHz increments
- PCI Express Frequency 100-200MHz in 1Mhz increments
- Memory Frequency 533/667/800
- Memory Timings None
- Video Memory size 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB
- CPU Voltage 0.8000v to 1.6750v in 0.0125v increments
- Memory Voltage 1.978v to 2.490v
- NB Voltage 1.213, 1.313, 1.409
- HT Voltage 1.309v, 1.425v, 1.525v