- GIGABYTE Silent-pipe Technology provide extreme silence solution with a fanless heat pipe. Effectively transfer heat from the most intensive area by connecting CPU, Power MOS to Chipset. Overclocking with no noise is also enjoyable
- Crazy Cool Cool down the CPU block of the motherboard effectively via GIGABYTE Crazy Cool and achieve the goal of great thermal distribution
- GIGABYTE decided to include two BIOS's on the board, allowing for hassle-free BIOS updating without worry about a BIOS crash.
- 2 BIOS Settings recovery Safe CMOS settings recovery
- HDD S.M.A.R.T.- HDD Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Corporate Online Manager- LAN utility for administratiors
- Xpress Recovery 2- Quick system image backup and restore
- PC Health Moniotr- System health monitor via BIOS and EEasyTune
- Download Center- Smart driver selection and dlownload from Gigabyte's website
- Xpress Install- One click driver install
- Smart LAN- BIOS check of LAN cable connection status
- @BIOS/Q-Flash- Internet update of BIOS
- Boot Menu- Select boot device without entering BIOS setup
- Smart Fan- Make your system cooler and quieter
- Easy Tune 5 and M.I.T. (Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker)- Wide range of CPU/PCI/Memory frequency and voltage settings
- R.G.B.- Robust Graphics Booster-Improve graphics performance
- Allows the use of two video cards to improve gaming performance in games that have a profile.
GIGABYTE calls their board the GA-M59SLI-S5. The GA stands for GIGABYTE. M59SLI stands for Motherboard 590 SLI chipset. S5 stands for Silent-Pipe, SLI, Speed, Smart, and Safe. SilentPipe is the Heat Pipe cooling system. SLI allows two video cards to work together to improve performance. EasyTune 5 is GIGABYTE's overclocking utility for the Speed. The Smart comes from GIGABYTE's one click driver install, Windows BIOS Flash, Smart LAN, BOOT Menu and Smart Fan. Safe stands for the Dual-BIOS, BIOS Setting Recoverable, HDD SMART, Xpress Recovery 2 and PC Health Monitor.