- AI Quiet
- Stack Cool 2
- SATA on the Go
- AI NOS
- ASUS CPU Lock Free
- ASUS PEG Link
- Precision weaker
- vDIMM 12-step DRAM voltage control
- vCore Adjustable CPU voltage at 0.0125 increments
- SFS Stepless Frequency Selection 90-450MHz 1MHz increments
- PCI Express x16 Frequency allowing 90-150MHz at 1MHz increment
- Adjustable FSB/DDR ratio. Fixed PCI/PCIe frequencies
- ASUS AI Booster utility
- ASUS CPR (CPU Parameter Recall)
ASUS has an overabundance of special features on the P5WD2-E Premium motherboard. AI Quiet keeps the system quiet by regulating the CPU speed, fan speed and temperature to keep the system running silently. Stack Cool 2 is a fanless cooling system designed to transfer heat from one side of the motherboard PCB to the other. The other features are BIOS features and I'll cover them in that section of the review.
The other special feature of the 975x chipset is support for ATI's Crossfire platform. To enable Crossfire you need a Crossfire Master Edition card either from the X1800 or X1900 family, a second like card and a Crossfire cable. If two cards are installed, ASUS's P5WD2-E Premium sets the PCI Express x16 slots to operate in x8 mode. Bandwidth isn't much of a concern with graphics cards as they have hardly saturated the AGP8x bus.