One thing to note on the test software we use is the AS SSD test is designed for SSD drives and not on HDDs. The test takes forever on a regular HDD. ATTO, CrystalDiskMark, PCMark Vantage HDD test, Sisoft Sandra Disk benchmark, HD Tach Read and Write tests are tested under Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode as Windows 7 is not tested.
Performance is a mixed bag on the Kingston V Series SSD Notebook Replacement drive. The Kingston drive offers decent performance for its class but is not as good as the V+ Series which is newer. As a replacement Notebook drive the performance is excellent and will be much faster than any standard hard drive you could use, not to mention the durability of a non moving part storage drive.
- Intel X58SO Motherboard running latest drivers and BIOS
- ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB Video card running Catalyst 9.11 drivers
- 6 GB Kingston KHX1600 DDR3-1600 MHz running at 1333MHz
- Windows 7 64-bit Premium
- Kingston 128GB V Series SSD
- AS SSD Test
- AS SSD Copy test
- HD Tach
- HD Tune
- Sisoft Sandra Disk benchmark
- PCMark Vantage