- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- For an ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required
One thing to be aware of when installing any Crossfire system is the system requirements. While a single video card can happily run on any motherboard with a PCI Express slot, two cards require two PCI Express x16 slots as the smaller PCI Express slots will not work with them (An exception is made on a PCI Express x4 slot that is configured to fit a PCI Express x16 card.
CrossfireX also requires a motherboard with support for the ATI multi-GPU technology. NVIDIA motherboards do not support Crossfire in any form, but Intel motherboards with the P35/X38/X48/P45/X58/P55 chipsets all support it assuming there are two PCI Express slots. Another important consideration is the Power Supply. ATI suggests a 450W or greater PSU for a single HD 5770 or 5750 with a 6-pin power connector. Dual 5770s or 5750s require a 600W with two 6-pin power connectors. The final necessary components for Crossfire are two Crossfire bridges that attach to the top of the cards connecting them together.