- 760MHz core clock
- 2.28GHz Memory clock
- 1900MHz Shader Clock
- 512MB DDR3 memory
- 256-bit memory bus interface
The XFX GeForce9800GTX Black Edition card has a clock speed of 760MHz, which is a 85MHz overclock of the standard 9800GTX clock speed of 675MHz, a 20MHz overclock of the XT Edition and a 40MHz overclock of the XXX Edition. The Shader clock of 1900MHz compares quite favorably with the Shader Clock of 1698MHz of the standard 9800GTX, 1850MHz of the XXX and 1800MHz of the XT Edition from XFX.
Memory clock on the 9800GTX Black Edition is 2.28GHz. Standard 9800GTX memory speed is 2.2GHz, while the XT Edition and XXX Edition cards both have 2.2GHz memory clock speeds. The memory interface on the 9800GTX is 256-bit meaning that the 9800GTX Black Edition card has a memory bandwidth of almost 73GB/second which is plenty for the fill rate of the card. NVIDIA introduced their first DirectX 10 card, the 8800GTX in late 2006 and haven't looked back in terms of performance of video cards. The 9800GTX is a modified version of the 8800GT 512MB that was released last year based on the G92 chip. It is manufactured on the 65 nanometer process and has 754 million transistors. The card has 128 Stream Processors which are grouped into 8 groups of 16 SPs.
Here's XFX's page on the Features of their new card:
128-bit floating point High Dynamic-Range (HDR)
- Twice the precision of prior generations for incredibly realistic lighting effects-now with support for anti-aliasing.
- Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 16x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
Built for Microsoft(r) Windows Vista(tm)
- NVIDIA's fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface.
Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
- Blazing-fast RAMDACs support dual QXGA displays with ultra-high, ergonomic refresh rates--up to 2048x1536@85Hz.
Dual DVI Support
- Able to drive the industry's largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays.
Dual Link DVI
- Capable of supporting digital output for high resolution monitors (up to 2560x1600).
Full Microsoft(r) DirectX(r) 10 Support
- World's first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
High-Definition H.264, MPEG-2 and WMV Hardware Acceleration2
- Smoothly playback H.264, MPEG-2, and WMV video-including WMV HD-with minimal CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work.
High-Definition MPEG-2 Hardware Acceleration
- Smoothly playback all MPEG-2 video with minimal CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work. Battery life is extended when watching DVDs while running on battery. MPEG-2 is the standard format for DVDs, is accepted as a format for HD-DVD, and is also used for HD broadcast.
High-Speed GDDR3 Memory Interface
- Support for the world's fastest GDDR3 memory delivers fluid frame rates for even the most advanced games and applications.
Integrated HDTV Encoder
- Provides world-class TV-out functionality up to 1080i resolution.
NVIDIA(r) ForceWare(r) Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
- Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare provides the best out-of-box experience and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce(r) GPUs.
NVIDIA(r) Lumenex(tm) Engine
- Delivers stunning image quality and floating point accuracy at ultra-fast frame rates.
NVIDIA(r) nView(r) Multi-Display Technology
- Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors.
NVIDIA(r) Quantum Effects(tm) Technology
- Advanced shader processors architected for physics computation enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU-all while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI.
NVIDIA(r) CineFX(tm) 4.0 Engine
- Delivers advanced visual effects at unimaginable speeds. Full support for Microsoft(r) DirectX(r) 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture with new texture unit design streamlines texture processing for faster and smoother gameplay.
NVIDIA(r) ForceWare(tm) Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
- Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce GPUs. Includes full support for PCI Express and AGP.
NVIDIA(r) Intellisample(tm) 4.0 Technology
- The industry's fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds. Visual quality is taken to new heights through a new rotated grid sampling pattern, advanced 128 Tap sample coverage, 16x anisotropic filtering, and support for transparent supersampling and multisampling.
NVIDIA(r) PureVideo(tm) Technology
- The combination of high-definition video processors and NVIDIA DVD decoder software delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for all video content to turn your PC into a high-end home theater. (Feature requires supported video software.)
NVIDIA(r) SLI(tm) Technology
- Delivers up to 2x the performance of a single GPU configuration for unparalleled gaming experiences by allowing two graphics cards to run in parallel. The must-have feature for performance PCI Express graphics, SLI dramatically scales performance on over 60 top PC games.
NVIDIA(r) unified architecture with GigaThread(tm) technology
- Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
nView(tm) Multi-Display Technology
- The nView hardware and software technology combination delivers maximum flexibility for multi-display options, and provides unprecedented end-user control of the desktop experience.
OpenGL(tm) 2.1 Optimizations and Support
- Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.
PCI Express(tm) Support
- Designed to run perfectly with the next-generation PCI Express bus architecture. This new bus doubles the bandwidth of AGP 8X delivering over 4 GB/sec. in both upstream and downstream data transfers.
Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
- Part of the NVIDIA Forceware Unified Software Environment (USE). The NVIDIA UDA guarantees forward and backward compatibility with software drivers. Simplifies upgrading to a new NVIDIA product because all NVIDIA products work with the same driver software.
WMV-HD Hardware Acceleration
- Playback videos in Microsoft's Windows Media Video High Definition (WMV-HD) format without skipping frames or losing video detail. Accepted by the HD-DVD consortium as a new HD format, WMV-HD is now part of Windows XP to make it easy for users to edit and save their favorite videos.