The test system is exactly the same as the last two 9800GTX reviews and the 9600GT SLI review. In looking at the performance, the differences between the three tested identically clocked cards can be attributed to run variance between different tests. The performance difference between the three is not statistically relevant to the review.
- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 4 cores running 3.2GHz
- XFX nForce 790i Ultra SLI motherboard using 6.94 NVIDIA drivers
- Palit GeForce 9800GTX 512MB using 174.74 Forceware drivers
- 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-2000 EPP 2.0 memory running 1600MHz due to inability of memory to maintain stable 2000MHz EPP speed.
- 24” Optiquest monitor maximum resolution 1920x1200
- 3DMark05/06 1280x1024, 1920x1200 standard runs no AA no AF
- Enemy Territory QuakeWars latest patch 1280x1024, 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF
- Crysis 1.2 patch 1280x1024, 1680X1050 4x AA 16x AF
- Bioshock latest patch 1280x1024 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF
- Unreal Tournament patch 1.2 1280x1024 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF custom FRAPS walkthrough
- Lost Planet DX10 1280x1024, 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF, Performance test
- STALKER 1280x1024, 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF, custom FRAPS walkthrough
- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 1280x1024 1920x1200, 4x AA 16x AF custom FRAPS walkthrough