A new monitor is a wonderful thing. In this case we changed our test monitor to a 24” Optiquest LCD that supports a new resolution of 1920x1200. As the 9800 GTX is considered a high-end video card, all tests except the 3DMark tests were done with 4x AA and 16x AF. With the dearth of new DX10 games the tests were kept the same for now unfortunately.
- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 4 cores running 3.2GHz
- XFX nForce 790i Ultra SLI motherboard using 6.94 NVIDIA drivers
- XFX 9800GTX 512MB using 174.74 Forceware Drivers
- 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-2000 EPP 2.0 memory running 1600MHz due to inability of memory to maintain stable 2000MHz EPP speed.
- 24” Optiquest monitor maximum resolution 1920x1200
- 3DMark05/06 1280x1024, 1920x1200 standard runs no AA no AF
- Enemy Territory QuakeWars latest patch 1280x1024, 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF
- Crysis 1.2 patch 1280x1024, 1680X1050 4x AA 16x AF
- Bioshock latest patch 1280x1024 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF
- Unreal Tournament patch 1.2 1280x1024 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF custom FRAPS walkthrough
- Lost Planet DX10 1280x1024, 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF, Performance test
- STALKER 1280x1024, 1920x1200 4x AA 16x AF, custom FRAPS walkthrough
- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 1280x1024 1920x1200, 4x AA 16x AF custom FRAPS walkthrough