Building a Blackintosh: Let Us Show You Everything You Need
Ready for the Blackintosh Breakdown? Here's all the parts listed out and current (as of this writing) prices.
- Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl w/ USB 3.0 - $144
- Intel Core i7-2700K - $320
- Corsair Dominator 16 GB 4 x 4 GB PC3-10666 - $130
- XFX AMD Radeon HD6870 - $220
- Thermaltake Water 2.0 PRO - $100
- Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ATX LGA 1155 Motherboard - $148
- Thermaltake TR-700P 700 Watt PSU - $107
- Kingston HyperX 240GB 6.0 Gb/s Solid State Drive - $350
- Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB WD1002FAEX - $120
- Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE 22X DVDRW - $17
- OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive - $69
Grand Total: $1725
After all was said and done and the computer was built, we followed TonyMacx86's step by step guide of installing Lion onto our Blackintosh and the results have been fantastic. Huge shout out to Tony for the simple and painless process and we hope this brings another option for those that want to run Mac OS X without the premium.
And speaking of alternatives to Apple...check out our list of phones to compete with the iPhone here.
Thinking Tablet but want to look beyond the iPad? Then check out these other tablets that we wrote about here.