Building a $950 Diablo III PC: Confront Evil’s Rebirth on a Budget
Ready for the Diablo 3 Budget PC Breakdown? Here's all the parts listed out and current (as of this writing) prices.
- Cooler Master Elte 430 Mid Tower ATX Case ($45)
- Gigabyte Z77M-D3H Motherboard ($115)
- Intel i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core CPU ($230)
- Sapphire HD 7870 Video Card ($270) OR EVGA GTX 570 ($270)
- 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 MHz RAM ($45)
- Western Digital 500GB Black Hard Drive ($70)
- Corsair CX600 600W PSU ($60)
- ASUS 24x DVD-RW OEM Optical Drive ($20)
- Windows 7 Home Premium ($95)
Grand Total: $950
Add it all up, and for less than $1000 you get a rig that's not only capable of great performance with Diablo 3, but will also run any modern game at 1920x1080 without having to drop the quality slider down all the way just to get a decent frame rate.
Of course, it's pretty easy to build a great PC when price isn't a factor. At the budget end, there are numerous ways to approach it. Tell us, budget builders? If it were up to you, how would you build a budget box today at $950 with the OS included? Hit us up in the comments section below.