ASUS M2NPV-VM Motherboard Review

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

ASUS M2NPV-VM Motherboard Review

Postby ollE » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:26 pm

ollE
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby thomasxstewart » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:59 pm

:twisted: I have similar mainboard & it plays Vista poorly, you mentioned audio issues, well, it just starts tap,tap ,tapping after about 45 seconds, no dvd. music center strained, more issues in 64 bit than 32.

I then tried 32 bit XP Home & it works as well as BOTH MANUFACTURERS advertised, I have Dr. Jekly & bumtown Hyde mainboard. I am awaiting LINUX to have AFFORDABLE backup, I can only hope ASUS has enough pride to correct problems with Vista, as its software issues 100%, yet would fool average user that some other hardware IS BLOWN, E.G. ON BOARD AUDIO, WHICH IT ISN'T AT ALL its so bad im Vista. BE WARNED.

Signed:PHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D.
thomasxstewart
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: ASUS M2NPV-VM Motherboard Review

Postby AmdUser » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:44 pm

I built a computer based on the Asus M2NPV-VM back around Thanksgiving, and I'm very disappointed in it for a number of reasons.

First, the memory voltage in the BIOS only supports the default 1.8V and a paultry increment to 1.9V, so you are very limited in the DDR2 memory you can use. Asus tech support wouldn't even answer my inquiries about supporting higher voltage settings.

The component video out feature is totally worthless as it only supports 720x480 (480p) resolution. Ya, 720x480 looks really good on my 56" big-screen TV, way to go there, Asus - couldn't possibly have supported 1280x720 or 1900x1200 now could you? I'm sure that the H/W is fully capable, but we wouldn't want to output anything in HIGH DEF now would we?

When I attempted to install the O/S, I wanted to use the RAID function but the floppy drive wouldn't work. I tried five different floppy drives, three different cable, and numerous disks - all of which worked fine on other systems. No go - ended up finally getting RAID to work after installing the O/S w/o RAID, a miracle that it actually worked. Asus tech support was worthless in helping me.

Upgraded from the Sempron64 2800+ (1.6GHz single-core) to the Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2.0GHz dual-core), and now the dang thing freezes on me pretty consistantly. Looking at the troubleshooting forum on AMD's web site, I'll have to go back to single-core to get things working.

Built another system w/ the Abit NF-M2 - the same nForce 6150 + 430 chipset, and it has worked flawlessly. Doesn't have the component video output of the Asus M2NPV-VM, but obviously I don't miss that worthless feature.

Don't waste your money on this POS - get the Abit any other brand that has the same chipset...
AmdUser

Re: ASUS M2NPV-VM Motherboard Review

Postby Sabrewings » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:14 pm

AmdUser wrote:Don't waste your money on this POS - get the Abit any other brand that has the same chipset...

I say that about all Asus boards. :D
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomasxstewart » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:37 pm

PDT_Armataz_01_03 POWER SUPPLY ISSUES & MEMORY Might be your troubles, yet floppy should work, sort of.

Get 600+ watt power supply, more if you plan sli boards. Memory is probably your main issues, transmigrating all crap that lead you to believe you need new computer can really thrown weak asian mainboard component off. Should have bought X2 3600+ & memory is very sensitive to problems here.

My complaint, as scathing as it may sound, ir that VISTA will not play properly on it, something VISTA dosn't do on most mainboards.

Asus MVP minboards are good for windows XP, if not 8 stars at least 5 or 6.
This is 55 level controller so you have all lanes you can get, enjoy it. every computer is worn out after 3 weeks, then theres burn in period of year or so & finally you'll have conqured that level. PDT_Armataz_01_02 Real EAST Bank Stuff. PDT_Armataz_01_01

Signed:PHJYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D.
thomasxstewart
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site