The Mother Board
XFX GF 8800GTX XXX Video Card Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ollE
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: XFX GF 8800GTX XXX Video Card Review Reply with quote

Read it all here: http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/hardware/1685_1.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[SMS]Gortok
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I am kinda bummed out about -- I didn't see any Oblivion Benchmarks with AA enabled. Is this because it seriously lower the framerate received?

I figure if I'm going to spend 600 bucks on a Video card, I'd like to see how it does with all of the goodies enabled.
ben2207
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback. Read the XFX 8800GTX or ASUS 8800GTX reviews to see AA performance including the new 16x and 16xQ modes with a 8800GTX card and add a little performance for the overclocking of the XFX XXX Edition. As we move into 2007 with more DirectX 10 cards and AA+HDR capabilities are exposed on the mid-range/budget NVIDIA cards I will consider adding AA to Oblivion benchmarks. Problem previously was no NVIDIA card supported HDR+FSAA at the same time so comparing an ATI card to only ATI cards doesn't give the same flavor.

I agree with you on the goodies enabled part completely, and think its an important thing for a better review, especially showing the new capabiliites of the new cards and performance with those capabilities. Please send feedback to dococ@motherboards.org regarding what you'd like to see more of in video card reviews. Once R600 launches in a month or two I would hope that I get the chance to show the full spectrum of performance with any new AA modes in my reviews.

Thanks
PUTALE
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there mistake in the labelling? it seems like in all instance the xxx performs less than normal gtx, why is that?
ben2207
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the new way we do benchmarking there will be variations of between 5-10% in scores. FRAPs is not the same benchmark sequence 100% between two runs. I try to make it as close as possible to identical but in games like Need For Speed Carbon, Oblivion, Tomb Raider Legend, Dark Messiah Might and Magic, the variations can be attributed to my taking a slightly longer or shorter path. No help for it.

You'll also notice that as the resolution and settings gets higher the overclocked card gets more performance than the standard version in every case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: