The Mother Board
Forum Mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowfire
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Forum Mods Reply with quote

I'm basically talking about phpBB mods. I've been looking around now for a while to find a way to put an Image size restriction on a picture (hosted elsewhere) that's dynamic. I can't find a single thing... Unless we did something along the lines of this. I don't know if that's possible, or if that interests you, but I think it'd be something nice to add. I don't completely see the whole picture for that mod (considering I have no experience with phpBB), but it seems like changing parts of the code to use it for sigs might work in theory.

Also, large pictures in posts, long text/links in the threads can sometimes stretch the page out. I know how annoying that is, and how it kinda ruins the look of the entire page, so how about something like this? I'm pretty sure I've seen some kind of mod or code do that with posts before, and I kinda liked it. To me it looked pretty good, and it was nice not to have to scroll the screen for every post. This might help when we post up pics for the forum photos, the World of Warcraft thread, or even in the Rig photos thread! Think it sounds good?

I know that those links are somewhat old, but those are what I found tonight, and I'm sure the codes have been updated since then. Just thought I'd ask and see what the reaction was... It never hurts to ask, after all...

Love is the greatest conspiracy, by the most loving genius.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Mods Reply with quote

Snowfire wrote:
I'm basically talking about phpBB mods. I've been looking around now for a while to find a way to put an Image size restriction on a picture (hosted elsewhere) that's dynamic. I can't find a single thing... Unless we did something along the lines of this. I don't know if that's possible, or if that interests you, but I think it'd be something nice to add. I don't completely see the whole picture for that mod (considering I have no experience with phpBB), but it seems like changing parts of the code to use it for sigs might work in theory.

Several PhP forums have that. It's a well known mod. If the image is too big it comes up with a stock image saying "My image is too large."

Snowfire wrote:
Also, large pictures in posts, long text/links in the threads can sometimes stretch the page out. I know how annoying that is, and how it kinda ruins the look of the entire page, so how about something like this? I'm pretty sure I've seen some kind of mod or code do that with posts before, and I kinda liked it. To me it looked pretty good, and it was nice not to have to scroll the screen for every post. This might help when we post up pics for the forum photos, the World of Warcraft thread, or even in the Rig photos thread! Think it sounds good?

I agree, but its up to the site administrator, olle. I've been pushing for these for a while as it makes other forums much easier to view, but its not priority right now.

The site's current state of no mods is mostly due to Mobocop's desire to keep it stock so its easier to troubleshoot. Maybe once things are caught up olle would be willing.

RIAA vs The People
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: