Been awhile. My apologies. UPDATE!
So here's where I was last,... making replacement side skirt covers because there was something wrong with the last ones. You can see the LED placement for the signs that will be made and installed later on,...
These came out pretty good.
Then I broke one! DAMN! I was adjusting the aluminum work as it was a bit crooked when it was all together and I guess I twisted the whole thing a bit to much. F@#$.
Well,... this is what it pretty much looks like all bolted together. Looks cool as hell.
Here the the newest covers. these are awesome.
Using metal LED holders this time.
Notice I didnt heat up and push in the acrylic like I did the last ones. I did like that idea but what a pain it is. This way will look better overall.
LED holers on the top shield. Keep in mind that the LEDS will be facing down towards the res. The holes to help cover up ugliness where the wire tube meets the LED. I think I might go ahead and make my own though. Might.
Looks cool though.
Decided to drill another holes for each side piece. for the signs.
Using captive nuts. These are so much better then the threadserts let me tell you.
Look how nice and neat that looks.
I countersunk the hole in which this hex bolt goes through. Gives it a lower profile so it fits flush.
The acrylic fits on top with no problems. I am goign to make an small aluminum cover that will go ontop of thw acylic to cover this bolt up. It's ugly.
going to sleep, gym, then go back to the studio. Will be another update, not tomorrow but the next day. Peace out!