TribalOverkill's LiquiD EvolutioN

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby greytrains » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Bad link... "file not found"
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:59 pm

greytrains wrote:Bad link... "file not found"

I know. REVVER.com took it down because I was using a song in it that I wasn't allowed to use. I will edit it out and upload it again.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:12 pm

OMG FINALLY! I finally got the first video of The Elite Modder up online.

Check it out. The last one was taken down because I used a song without permission in the video. I didnt know that was a problem. Anyways,... I'm using a friends music for now and eventually will be making my own to be used.

The Elite Modder is my own little modding show. ACRyan is helping out with it and so is TBCS. Right now its little but it's going to be a big deal very soon:)
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:18 pm

check it out! Tell me what you think so far,...

The Elite Modder title,...

I'm working on an animation and a logo for it. Once I have that down I'm going to hand it over to TBCS so they can work their magic,...
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:53 pm

The Elite Modder - "FIVE of FIFTY"

The Elite Modder's newest addition. Hope you like it. I'm off to the studio now! Got to finish that last RESERVOIR!!! AHHH!!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:43 am

Update!

Feb-24-2008

So this is what I want to do for Qhs's reservoir. The side skirt thingies.
Image Image Image Image

Here's the bottom brackets and how they will fit.
Image Image

Design glued to some aluminum. Simple design.

Done. Kinda. Ehhhh not really.
Image Image

I'm not absolutely happy with the final shape. It's not right. It's not hugging the res the way it's suppose too. It looks good but still,...
Image Image Image Image

Acrylic covers which I most likely will have to make again because these fit the aluminum perfect and if I go bending the aluminum they probably wont be able to cover them completely. They were easy to make anyways.

I want to see if I can do better with the pushed it area you see here. It will look fine once I sand in there cleaning it out. But I want to see if theres a better way to do this.

The brushed aluminum behind the dusted acrylic makes it look brighter looking. I'm goign to brush the top piece after all this is done.
Image Image

They are not contouring properly. I have to fix that. It's buggin me.

So for the long delay with updates. I have a lot going on over here. Tryign to move all my worklogs over the acryans site. I think I only have blackout left but still,... that log is 2 - 3 years old! So many updates! Also,... I keep all my updates in a text file on my computer to make it easy for me to edit and copy and paste on all the forums in which I post. I didnt start doing the text file thing until 2007 so all the blackout updates before that have to be assembled all over again, matching my comments up along with the pictures. PIA!!! So yea. I have off tonight so I plan on finishing these skirt things. I want this res done ASAP!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:49 am

Consider them tweaked:) Still ony like 95% happy with them though.

Feb-26-2008

Looks Kind of like a TIE FIGHTER! I was so going to make a video of my playing with it like it was,... lol. they are a tiny off from each other buts this is ok. Wont be able to tell once they are installed. Driving me nuts though.

How cool does this look!!!
Image Image Image

If I had a TIG I'd weld stuff like this together to form shells for entire PC's or even smaller stuff. One day:)
Image Image

Damn this is looking good. It looks like it's going ot float or fly away. LOL.

Much better contour. Can be better but this is just fine.

So cool.

I love the flared look.
Image Image Image

Lovely.

New acrylic. Looks kind of like pasta or something:)

The acrylic I pushed through that tabbed area. Mush better this time but could be better.

Almost done. Just have to sand some more. The weird shape makes it hard to sand:(
Image Image Image

Can't wait to finish this! The end is nearing!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:03 pm

Been awhile. My apologies. UPDATE!

Mar-09-2008

So here's where I was last,... making replacement side skirt covers because there was something wrong with the last ones. You can see the LED placement for the signs that will be made and installed later on,...

These came out pretty good.

Then I broke one! DAMN! I was adjusting the aluminum work as it was a bit crooked when it was all together and I guess I twisted the whole thing a bit to much. F@#$.

Well,... this is what it pretty much looks like all bolted together. Looks cool as hell.
Image Image Image

Here the the newest covers. these are awesome.

Using metal LED holders this time.

Notice I didnt heat up and push in the acrylic like I did the last ones. I did like that idea but what a pain it is. This way will look better overall.

LED holers on the top shield. Keep in mind that the LEDS will be facing down towards the res. The holes to help cover up ugliness where the wire tube meets the LED. I think I might go ahead and make my own though. Might.

Looks cool though.

Decided to drill another holes for each side piece. for the signs.

Using captive nuts. These are so much better then the threadserts let me tell you.

Look how nice and neat that looks.

I countersunk the hole in which this hex bolt goes through. Gives it a lower profile so it fits flush.

The acrylic fits on top with no problems. I am goign to make an small aluminum cover that will go ontop of thw acylic to cover this bolt up. It's ugly.

going to sleep, gym, then go back to the studio. Will be another update, not tomorrow but the next day. Peace out!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:34 pm

I'm late! Ahhh! I think. Yeah I'm a day late. It's because I didn't get much done two days ago when I was in the studio. So I just combined two days ago this yesterdays work. Here it is!

Mar-10-2008

Making some aluminum washer like covers to cover up the ugliness of the side skirt.

Like so,...

Sanded a bevel all the way around. Going to round these little things.

Rounded some,...

Ass you can see I bent the one side of the little cover things to better hug the sides skirt things. I will clean this shpae up later.

320 sanding,... ready for buffing.

Done. As you can see I ended up rounding both sides. What I was going to do turned out to be ugly. So I rounded both sides. Looks good though!
Image Image Image

Now,... CHANGE OF PLAN!!! Originally I was going to make a wire harness like bracket but I changed my mind. This is what I'm going to do.

Got to love how like these two things are. The shape. good job Tribal:) *pats self on back*

Rounded. Lovely.
Image Image

Look at that! I think I will get into jewerly! I'm going to make a tribaloverkill friendship bracelets! Who wants one! LOL.
Image Image

Some change. Bet you dont even remember what was here:)

BAM. This is cool. This is the aluminum top piece. Only the area of the holes is polished. Everything else is dusted:) Cool ehhh?!?

Acrylic on top. Very cool looking.

Bands on.

Sweet.
Image Image

This is what I'm doing with the wires. Hot! Going to be like this on both sides.
Image Image Image Image

This is going to be by far the coolest reservoir EVER made. Seriously. I am loving this.
Image Image

Going to sleep and then try and go back ASAP! This res is like just about,... 90% complete!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Small update! Would of been bigger but I broke QHS's sFX bottom! LOL. check it out,... OH, HI! It's been a while:)

Apr-28-2008

Making some devices for wire management:) Using the drillpress as a mill. Worked ok but the was alot of chatter because the crossslide vise has a lot of play. It tooka couple of passes to make this cut. Plus the end mill it only a 3 flute endmill. Lots of slapping.

Round edges and some sanding. I stil lhave to figure out what im doing with these wires I mean there are alot of leds. I want to condense, kinda, but i'm not sure how I want to doit. I dont really want to resort to shrink wrap. There isnt all that much room under the reservoir as is. I already have to make spacers just to get these rings under the res. Hmmm,...

They work like so. I love em. They are simple and small. They dont get mounted down but they doo kepp everything together nicely:)

Some polishing:)

I was taking aprt QHS's res to finalize its finish and OMG the end piece were hard to get off. First, I purposelly make them tight to fit. Second they been on there a while. So everything was dry. Getting them off were a pain. I have to make note that they dont need to fit THAT tight. Anyways,... After working it off, it was right there at the end! Just a little bit more to go and BAAM! It flies off slamming against the floor. I can assure you I let out a god ole S@#$!!! So I had to make a new one.

This is a new design. More supported.

This is a small care package for Wolverine from Bit-Tech. He lives in Sweden and apparently acrylic rods are hard to come by. So I bought him what he needed here because you can get anything in the USA:) Just have to mail it.

I plan on going spending some time in the studio this week. Definitely this weekend. I have off this weekend. This res is just about down. There are only a few things left to do. I need some studio time too. It's been to long. As usual,.. I need a maid. That place is a mess! I dont feel like cleaning it up:(
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification