Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyrm73
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don'tknowmuch wrote:
Let us begin with this all time favourite:
Q: In what order do I turn on the monitor and computer?

The irony is that if you can't figure out how to turn on the computer, then you can't read DKM's post! wink
don'tknowmuch
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyrm73 wrote:
don'tknowmuch wrote:
Let us begin with this all time favourite:
Q: In what order do I turn on the monitor and computer?

The irony is that if you can't figure out how to turn on the computer, then you can't read DKM's post! wink

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
EmilyB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good idea to start with the basics, but I think "How do I turn my computer on" is a bit daft. If the user cannot do that, how are they reading the forums? confused
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good tip if the computer won't turn on is to ensure the power cord is plugged in, and the outlet is working. If you can't find the power button on the PC, then you need more than glasses.. even a blind person can find it! They use Braille keys and vocal responses. They can even use a mouse, with verbal responses for the position! Synthesized speech, of course.
Seriously, this should be a good topic folder. Posting of shortcuts to solve problems and other means of doing mundane tasks quickly would be welcome!

Sideline about the "start" process.. http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82790&highlight=costello
don'tknowmuch
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmilyB wrote:
Its a good idea to start with the basics, but I think "How do I turn my computer on" is a bit daft. If the user cannot do that, how are they reading the forums? confused

You could still get on the computer even if you did the proceedure backwards, but still better to do it the right way. It was just something to get the ball rolling.....any ideas Em' big grin
EmilyB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don'tknowmuch wrote:
EmilyB wrote:

You could still get on the computer even if you did the proceedure backwards, but still better to do it the right way. It was just something to get the ball rolling.....any ideas Em' big grin

Good point. I agree.
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don'tknowmuch wrote:
EmilyB wrote:

well EM, i know many fail to turn on the PC. because no one told them there a switch on the PSU at the rear of the PC
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COPPER wrote:
don'tknowmuch wrote:
EmilyB wrote:

well EM, i know many fail to turn on the PC. because no one told them there a switch on the PSU at the rear of the PC

what it obvious to us , is my not be obvios to all

PS can we have an Edit Button
EmilyB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we post a question for others to answer, or do we need to answer our own questions?
EmilyB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karlsweldt wrote:
Sideline about the "start" process.. http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82790&highlight=costello

"Start" is only mentioned once at the very end of that routine. We need to find the follow on routine that has it all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> MBHW Q&A All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: