Welcome And Feel Free To Join in

A place where the most common PC questions are already answered for you.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Wyrm73 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:58 am

don'tknowmuch wrote:Let us begin with this all time favourite:
Q: In what order do I turn on the monitor and computer?

The irony is that if you can't figure out how to turn on the computer, then you can't read DKM's post! :wink:
Wyrm73
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby don'tknowmuch » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:37 am

Wyrm73 wrote:
don'tknowmuch wrote:Let us begin with this all time favourite:
Q: In what order do I turn on the monitor and computer?

The irony is that if you can't figure out how to turn on the computer, then you can't read DKM's post! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
don'tknowmuch
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby EmilyB » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:20 am

Its a good idea to start with the basics, but I think "How do I turn my computer on" is a bit daft. If the user cannot do that, how are they reading the forums? :?
EmilyB

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:49 am

A good tip if the computer won't turn on is to ensure the power cord is plugged in, and the outlet is working. If you can't find the power button on the PC, then you need more than glasses.. even a blind person can find it! They use Braille keys and vocal responses. They can even use a mouse, with verbal responses for the position! Synthesized speech, of course.
Seriously, this should be a good topic folder. Posting of shortcuts to solve problems and other means of doing mundane tasks quickly would be welcome!

Sideline about the "start" process.. http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... t=costello
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby don'tknowmuch » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:23 pm

EmilyB wrote:Its a good idea to start with the basics, but I think "How do I turn my computer on" is a bit daft. If the user cannot do that, how are they reading the forums? :?

You could still get on the computer even if you did the proceedure backwards, but still better to do it the right way. It was just something to get the ball rolling.....any ideas Em' :D
don'tknowmuch
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby EmilyB » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:48 pm

don'tknowmuch wrote:
EmilyB wrote:Its a good idea to start with the basics, but I think "How do I turn my computer on" is a bit daft. If the user cannot do that, how are they reading the forums? :?

You could still get on the computer even if you did the proceedure backwards, but still better to do it the right way. It was just something to get the ball rolling.....any ideas Em' :D

Good point. I agree.
EmilyB

Postby Copper » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:07 pm

don'tknowmuch wrote:

well EM, i know many fail to turn on the PC. because no one told them there a switch on the PSU at the rear of the PC
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Copper » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:08 pm

COPPER wrote:
don'tknowmuch wrote:

well EM, i know many fail to turn on the PC. because no one told them there a switch on the PSU at the rear of the PC

what it obvious to us , is my not be obvios to all

PS can we have an Edit Button
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby EmilyB » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:33 am

Can we post a question for others to answer, or do we need to answer our own questions?
EmilyB

Postby EmilyB » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:35 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Sideline about the "start" process.. http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... t=costello

"Start" is only mentioned once at the very end of that routine. We need to find the follow on routine that has it all.
EmilyB

PreviousNext

Return to MBHW Q&A