TRIBALOVERKILL's Project: Blackout

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:09 am

Small update for Blackout. Spent a good portion of the night messing around with the Liquid Evolution stuff. check that log for an update.

Aug-02-2007

I got all the pieces cut out and cleaned. I washed away all the oil from cutting. I got that 3 in 1 oil everywhere! LOL. Anyways,... when i go back I will be filing and making the UV green equiv's for this stuff.

Going fishing today from 2pm till 7pm. When I get back I will be heading out the studio. It will be late when I get there but who cres! I'm on vacation! WHAHOO!!!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:11 am

DAMN! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! OMG I'M PISSED. The center shield is to long,... by, an inch! How did I miss that? OMG.

Aug-03-2007

Here I am filing the very nice but very much to long center shield.
Image Image Image

SCROLL SANDING! This is my own version of it. Im using metal sand paper. Its actually a type of cloth so its strong enough for the stretching.
Image Image Image

I use two strips back to back.

Damn. This is after trying to sand one groove. The aluminum kinda scrapes the grit off. It might work better on acrylic. I'll try it later.

Center shield all done.

Left side all done. Blurry pic. Sorry. I also finished the two inner shields.

REady to bend the center shield.
Image Image

Bent. This was a tricky piece to bend. I had to be super careful. I'll explain this in more detail when I remake this piece.
Image Image Image

Came out pretty good! To bad its to long! I pretty much nailed the height,... it's just the length I failed to do right.
Image Image Image Image

Damn. I'm sick to my stomach. All that work down teh drain. Its not like I can even attempt to use it. I could possibly cut off the back end but the hose holes will be covered by the 120mm fan:( I'll just make a new one. Should only set me back a day. In between working on making this again I'll continue on with the other pieces. So I keep you guyz moving forward. This thing is going to look bad ass though!!!
Image Image Image Image

It's length now,...

What it's suppose to be. Thats pretty much 1". Cant believe this.

Argh!
Image Image

Its suppose to be a 1/4" behind that line there.

Anyways,... I'm not going to the studio today. I have to spend time with my friend who is moving far away at the end of the month. But I will be at the studio tomorrow morning and I will be there all day into the next working on this. Sorry guyz:(
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:16 am

Oh. Ma. God. I just got home from 16 hour run at the studio. I worked 16 hours straight! Non-stop. Cutting. Filing. Sanding, polishing, drilling,... holy s@#%. I'm a friggin machine!!! I've havent been home in a few days. I have been running back and forth between my friends place and the studio. I have never spent so much time in the studio before. Damn. I was in there a lot but at first I did a lot of sleeping. It was weird,... I could work like 4 - 5 hours but after that I had to sleep! I'd lay down for like a couple of hours then get up and work another 4 - 5 then I'd have to sleep again! Thats kind of funny because I only get in about 4 - 5 hours normally when I am working at the hospital. My body is following a trend. I think I broke it though. I sleep like 12 hours like two night ago,... then I headed to the studio and got there about 2pm yesterday. I worked all the way till like 6:30 this morning. Straight. Truly amazing. Anyways, LOOK WHAT I MADE!!!

Aug-06-2007

First,.. look what I got, yet another square. I wanted to see if this one was any better then the others. It is but it's still off. Whats the matter with these damn companies and there crap equipment!!!

Check this out! I got another small file set!!! This set is JUST what I needed!!! It's smaller then my big ones yet bigger than my smallest ones! They are thin enough to fit in freshly cut 1/8" grooves! This means I can file them down quicker! Thanks god. Filing with those tiny ones suck!

Ok,... here are the 3 new pieces I need. OH. Yea,... I need 3 new pieces not just one. The center piece was off by an inch and the two inner bracket shields were designed specifically for THAT center piece. So I need new ones of those too. Sucky.

WHaLAAAA!! All done! LOL. I didn't take pics of my remaking these pieces because you already seen these being made. Anyways,... I nailed it this time around. What happened the last time? I dont know. *Kicks myself*

I used heat this time to make this bend. It came out so much better. The new one has the exposed bend as in there's no tape. This two pieces are aligned with each other perfectly. Look how much longer in front this thing is. This from having a S@#$%^ bend.

Very long in the back. *Kicks myself again*

New one fits perfecly. Just as its suppose to.
Image Image

It's going to look so yummy.
Image Image

You guyz creamin your pants yet!!!!
Image Image

Oh wow. I like.

Time for the acrylic! YEA!!!
Image Image

Bent and bolted. Ready for the trimming of excess material.

Done.

So nice. Time to drill out the hose holes.

EEEK! 4am and still moving along!!! Hmmm,... I can see my friend stacey got to my phone. B@#$%. Thats my nephew by the way. He's cute.

While you were staring at my phone I went ahead and drilled out the hose holes. Try and keep up!! I used the lovely uni-bit to drill these. I love that bit. Anyways,... I cant drill all the way through because the uni-bit will only drill up to 1/8". So I have to take off the aluminum and drill the acrylic by itself now.

Like so,...

Nice. I even counter-sunk them using the same bit. You guyz gotta get one of these things.
Image Image

While you were looking at my holes,... I sanded with an 80grit disc using the drill press.

This is 120grit by hand and then a foam sanding block by hand. All done.

Eye candy. Want some?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Time for the sides,... same routine.

Bang. Trimmed.

Etched,...

To Be Continued,...
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:00 am

OMG! OMG! OMG! Check it out! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Aug-07-2007

UV backing for the sides of the PSU.

Done.

Almost complete!!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Milling the tabs for teh inner shield/ brackets. This works so well. When dont I can totally bend these tabs with a pair of pliers.

Milled,....

Bent. Nice and neat.

Look at that! I know it looks sloppy but it's not,... it's the camera I swear.

Pliers,...

Bent. Just like that:)

You see how this is going to work?
Image Image Image

All done. Well not quite but most of the work is done. I totally forgot to snap a pic of the thread-serts being installed. Sorry.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

This is a problem. This is suppose to be under the center shield not sticking out like this. I have to fix this.

Some light. This is one LED. This is what it really looks like.
Image Image

This is the same LED on crack,...
Image Image

Money shots,... God I love how this is all coming together. The shiny chrome with UV green all cluttered in there like that,... absolute yum.
Image Image Image Image ImageImage

So yea,... I have to figure out how to fix those inner shields, to keep them from sticking out like that. Not much I can do. S@#$.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:01 am

Yet another satisfying update,...

Aug-09-2007

First,... I fixed the overhanging inner shield brackets. I just lengthened the holes a bit and thats all that was needed. No biggy.

I need front brackets now.
Image Image

This is what I want.

Drawing it out. Made some mistakes, thats why all the excess lines:)

Hows that better?

A bug. Was going to the bathroom and in the hallway on the dark I ran into this big mofo! So I caught him and started taking pictures:) It's sooooooooooo COOL!

Look at the pattern on his wings.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Look at those rear legs!!! Holy crap man!

Chin up!
Image Image

Smile for the camera! Disclaimer: By my using a razor to hold his chin up,... it does not imply that I used that razor to cut his head off. I actually let him go.

Where were we? Oh yea,... brackets. Ready to be cut!

Scroll saw skills,...

Cut.

Sanded and milled. Not going to polish these,... it's pointless.

Bending the tabs,... I had to bend these two tabs like so because the holes are very close to the joint. The tabs would bend at the radius of the holes inside of the joint. Thats because it's weaker there. Used a tack hammer and a piece or iron. I just keep tappnig at it until it folded over. I said this before,... aluminum is like really hard clay. I love banging at it like this because I can see it forming. Its great.

Almost done,...
Image Image

All threads serts installed except for those last two. Reason being that I have to bend that portion first and then file the holes clean and then install the thread-sert. With the thread-sert installed it would be a lot harder to get it to bend the way I want.
Image Image

There you go. They look like little ski's,...
Image Image Image

I used the tack hammer and tapped this side of the thread-sert to mash it so that it contours this side of the bend. Also,... you can see how it mashed the two pieces of the thread-serts together so it looks like there only one piece. Thats and some sanding will do that. Like hard clay I tell ya:)

Re-tapping or cleaning out the thread-serts. I bang them together which messes up the threads on each side. Tapping them again fixes this nicely.

Look at that fit! Oh baby,... thats just sexy.
Image Image Image Image

Now I will admit,... the holes are like 1/32" off for the side panels. Most of the time I'm always 1/32" off,... kinda. Well,.. this time that little 1/32" really f!@#$% me up! I had spent a good amount of time tweaking to get everything to fit together nicely. It's the nature of all this that had a big play with the holes being off. It all came together nicely though.
Image Image Image Image

Awesome. Nice and even,...

Ok,.. max width for inside the case is 7 - 3/8". I saved 1/16"! From where though?!?!? LOL.

Spacers. I'm going to need these.

Boink.
Image Image

Mobo tray is aligned nicely.

Look how that just runs along the mobo ever so nicely,... god. I just amaze myself!!

120mm fan clears nicely, plenty of room from the holes.
Image Image

AND HE'S OUT FOR THE COUNT! OOOOOOOOOPS! LOL.

Reminds me of "The Wizard Of OZ",... Dennis used a forklift because he couldnt use a house, LOL.

Just to make sure he's dead,...

VIDEO-------> DIE DIE DIE!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh S@#$! Why wont you DIE!!!! Run him over again!!!

Oh what,.... you going to run me over? You gonna drive that friggin lift through my screeeeen? Moron. Oh wait,... what about dennis? LOL. B@#$% you better run. LOL.

Yeah sponge bob,... tear the light off and chuck it at him, so manly man. ARGH,... yea a friggin light. Lets me get some bandaids now,...

Phew,... so yea. You guyz had a little bit of everything today. Blackout, Bugs, and Bob. Everything you need to keep your day moving forward:) PEACE!

Wallpaper (1600 x 1200)
Aug-09-2007_41.JPG
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:01 am

OMG. The last 22.5 hours in the studio sucked! At first I couldnt think to save my life! It wasn't like I was even tired. I dont know. Then,... when I could think I kept F'ing up!!! I mean it was kind of my fault but not?!?! I'll explian,... So yeah. This is a record, 22.5 hours in the studio. I slept like 4 or 5 hours in there but still!

Aug-11-2007

Bus bars. 12v, 5v, and ground. I dont need a 3v right? I dont think so but,... whatever. I hope not,... I'm not making this friggin thing again! Argh.

I want them layed out like this.

Ok,... right now your looking at my second attempt at making this part. The first one, the 1/4" holes were to close to each other. I spaced them apart by 1/16". I was not ok with that so I chucked it. This one will have 1/8" spacing. So,... this is number 2.

This is number 2. Very nice. I countersunk the holes. Countersinking is so nice.

Bus bars on 1/4" spacers.
Image Image Image

Giving this part a frosted look to it. This is still attempt number 2.

This is 120grit we're looking at.

Bending attempt #2. This is the first bend.

Now,... this is attempt number 3. I messed up attempt #2 while bending. I'll explain, hold your horses. Same holes.

Same frosted appearance.

Ok,... this is attempt #3 after the first set of bends. I messed up attempt #2 with the next set of bends. Bending acrylic is very tricky and patience is needed. ESPECIALLY clear acrylic.

So,... this is the proper way to make the next bend. You see the wood with the tapered end inside the acrylic piece? For the second attempt I used the angle iron instead. I had the other board right where it is now. The problem was that I couldnt heat the VERY bend with the angle iron there. It was covering the acrylic at the bend. It was heating up. The wood has that tapered edge so I can heat the backside of the bend. THIS IS IMPORTANT!

The taper allows the heat from the heat gun to get to the bend. The acrylic at the bend will be nice an soft when heated making a perfect bend. Heat this clear arcylic up slowly. Keep the heat gun far from the clear arcylic too. This stuff burns quick!!!

There,.... you see that bend? How nice and shapely it is? Thats how you do it!
Image Image

This is not how you do it! LOL. You see what I ended up with for my second attempt? OMG I was pissed. You see all the bubbles too? I forgot how quick this clear stuff heats up and burns. The colored acrylic is so much better! It doesnt heat up as fast and deosnt bubles as easily. I hate this clear acrylic. You see the other side of the messed up one? I did that side the right way. I practiced on that messed up piece. Anyways,... this is attempt #3.

Bus bars on attempt #3.

Just like this. Oh yea.

Taking apart the PSU enclosure. Look how nice these sides are. It's like a unit or something. so cool.

Drilled some mounting holes in the PSU acrylic. Tapered holes.

Very nice. Clean.

Tapered screws.

Flush.

Stealthed.

Almost done! Just have to drill the holes in the clear acrylic piece,...

DOH! DOH! DOH! DOH! DOH! *KICKING AND SCREAMING* Literally,... thank god it's a weekend. I'm pretty sure someone would of called the cops on me:\ Attempt #3,... in the toilet.

Went out and bought another uni-bit because they are so fabulous! You see,... I was being so damn careful as to not have that happen. I cant believe it did, geez. I was using a small bit when it happened too! The clear acrlic is trick y to work with. It heats up and melts easily. This is what is happening. The drill bit wants to gouge and the acrylic doesnt like to be gouged. You have to scrap it to cut it. The uni-bits do just that. You know what? I think I missed an attempt? I remember breaking another hole before this hole. I slemmed it against the ground. Thats right! There are 4 attempts so far and now i'm on my fifth attempt. Hopefully with this uni-bit there wont be any other problems.

Ok,... the fifth attempt was a success. Here it is in all it's glory,...
Image Image Image ImageImage Image

Eye candy.

I have to figure out how to secure these hoses so they cant be pushed in or pulled out. Any suggestions? I was think about using cotter pins, maybe C or E clips?
Image Image

Damn that looks crazy cool!

My connection to the internet has been screwy lately but i'm trying to get you updates asap.

Wallpaper(1600x1200):
Aug-11-2007_36-1600.jpg
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:02 am

Damn! 65 pics!!! I'm getting a bit excessive with the picture taking! LOL. OH well:) On with the show! This is an awesome update. Ya'll really need to remember this update. Might be helpful down the road,...

Aug-12-2007

First,... the other 4 attempts at making that bus bar wire sorter thing,...

So,... how to fasnten the hoses. Hmmm. I would really like to use rivets but I cant get that bulky A@# rivit gun inbetween the hoses to install the rivets! Lets experiment,... 2 rivets.

Cut the stems off,...

A big A$% modified nail,...

Notice the tip,....

You see where I'm going here? I'm going to push the stem through instead of pulling it with the rivet gun.

While modifying the nail it came to mind that I dont reallt even need the rivets stem at all. So I removed it from the second rivet just to see how well it works.

Successssss! The one with the whole in the center is without he stem and the other is with,...

The other side. They both worked just fine but,... the rivets are kinda BIG. Not really but,... yea. I have an idea.

Lets think smaller. The way I see it,... the smallest possible fastener for the job is a good thing. A whole rivet stem.

A small piece cut off.

I'm going to use it to fasten these two pieces of aluminum together. Now the 1/8" rivet stem is small as hell. I think it's diameter is around 1/32". Thats small as hell.

Success! LOL. I knew it would work. Look how small that head is.

The other side. Now I know you thinking,... but is it strong???

Does this answer your question? I didnt actually think this was going to happen but hot damn I'll take it! I was expecting the stud to tear it's way through the holes but hell no,... it held! Bent the peice of aluminum and the stud barely budged.

Here's the bacside. Totally unmoved, untouched. Cant believe it.

Heres the bend side. You can see how the head folded in half at the bend. That thing did not want to move. I had to use pliers to get it off, lol.

I want to do it again,... that was cool. Thats was only one stud too!!! Here's two!

WHAM! That thing aint going no where! Didnt even bother trying to get it up. But look how clean that looks! I can sand that and polish it too. Maybe.

The other side. So nice.

Look at the difference. Thats an 1/8" rivet standing straight up.

Ok,... I cut my hoses down into section of 19" each. I still need 8 more for the PSU and more of them for the HDD rack.

My little drilling rig for the hoses.

Seee,... holds it steady an center for drilling.

Now originally I was going to have a small stud on both sides of the hose but,.... no. One is enough.
Image Image

This is how I'm going to do it. Same little 5/16" piece of rivet stem that I domed off on one side. Looks kinda like a nail. LOL. Actually,... it looks like a piece of a paneling nail or a finishing nail.

This piece of iron that I fashioned to fit inside the hose so I can dome the other side of the stud.

Done:) It works! Show you how in bit,...
Image Image

Look how clean that is! I still have the entire ID of the hose to use for wires!

Oh yea,... this is going to work.

This is actually how its going to go.

Come to poppa!
Image Image

I'll have 12 more please!!!

Now check out this nifty little thing I made. A piece of 1/8" aluminum that I drill right dow the side. I put this piece in the clamp and just drop in a stud to round off the one end. Pulls right out when done.

Done.

Now I need a plate. not going to polish this one because I know I'm would ruin it while making this part.

Confused?

How about now?

And now?

You should get it now:)

You see how I chose to have the tab in the corner like that? If you dont know why, when I have the hoses in there you will see why. Drilled and ready to be cut.

Cut.

Filed. Sanded.

Damn that looks cool!

Tabs bent! I had to bend the whole piece to get at the tabs. I didnt have to but it saved me time from having to make a special tool.

Attaching the hoses,...

Look at that! Yumminess.

The wood keep the hose on the iron thing while to round the stud heads. To round a head,... all you have to do it just tap with a small hammer. You can use a big hammer but you dont need a lot of force. the important thing to to keep moving around the head. Think of it like clay,... your pushing the clay from the center out, in all directions.

Ok,... I take the studs I made previsouly. Feed it through both holes so that the already made head is on the inside of the hose.

Once everything to together nicely I trim away the excess. You dont need to a lot at all to make a head. You actaully dont want to much.

Done. I forgot to take a picture of the special tool I made to get it there to round the head like that. Next time.

There. 12 of them attached.
Image Image

Look how simple but effective,... to pro that is!!
Image Image

Maintained my hose ID's,...

These things aint going anywhere.
Image Image

From the matrix!!! That and predator dreads,...
Image Image Image Image

I need more shower hose! I checked the local stores but they dont have this type anymore! They have something similar but it's slightly different! I found some online but damn it's like 30 bucks for 69" of it! I bought mine at the time for like 10+ each at 60 something inches!!! Crap,...
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Ok,... decide to get started on the back of the mobo tray seeing that when I finish this,... that side of the computer is done except for wiring LEDS. But you get me. I have to figureout what im doing about hoses. Until then the PSU is put of to the side. Wont be long. Anyways,... the backside of the mobo tray will be the computers name, Blackout. I decided to go with polished letters on top of UV green back lighting on top of a polished background cover. check it out,...

Aug-15-2007

There is something I really want to do,... and that is mount the aluminum letters without using a visible fastener. So this is what im going to do! This is a test. Two pieces of scrap. One represents the background cover and the other it the letter. both have two hole for the little rivets I have been messin around with. Each piece has one side countersunked, the holes that is.

See.

Here,... I smashed the rivet stem way the hell in there! You can see the heads,...

Now you cant,... can, but cant. you know what I mean:) I sanded the heads off. They are still holding because the rivit still expanded within the contersink. you get me?

How cool is this???
Image Image

But is it strong?!?! Hell yea! You knwo how hard it is to bend that aluminum!!! Look at that! OMG,... thats crazy.

It still held. Look at it,...

You can see the head bent over from the abuse.

The other side is untouched.

Ok time to rip these babies apart.

you see how the head is breaking away from being ripped through the hole?

here's the other side. You see that shape? thats awesome.

Now check this out! This is my newest self made tool. Used fro making the little rivet thingies. Made from iron. It's a mold really.
Image Image Image

Made from two pieces side by side. You stick this is the vise and load it up with the little aulminum rivet stems and pound them in. When done,... loosen and pop em out:)
Image Image Image Image Image

Loaded up. These are actually to short.

Banged them in there good.

REady to pop em out.

Very nice.

Now,... this is how im going to mount my letters. I'm drilling out the center of a 10-32 rod I got at a local store.

Have it setup so I can drill the center or as close to the center as possible.

wham. You guyz know whre I'm going with this:) HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE!!!!!!!

BOOM! OH yea! This is the epitome of stealth,...

Loook at that shiiiiiiiiii@#$!!!

OMG i cant take it,... the excitement has me thinking many things! The ideas are seeping from my head.

This is a button head version. But I plan on using the hiddin contersunk version for the letters. For those who not not foloow my logs,... they wont know how the name is being held up! LOL.

UV green over the threaded post. The only thing is that you can only tighten it so much because the threaded post spins on the rivet. This is easily fixed though. I jus thave to groove the rivet hole on the post side. Then fashion the end of the post to fit the groove. That will keep it from spinning. But I dont think I will do that for these letters. I can tighen them so they are very snug and thats all I need. so im all good.
ImageImage

This is for the letters. I tried drawing up the letters but coldnt figure out what I wanted them to look like. I think because I was to eager to get them cut out and mount them like this. I want to see the finish!

So i decided to step away from the pencil and paper and start making more threaded posts. Heres the 10-32 rod I mentioned before.
Image Image

Here's all 16. Two per letter.
Image Image

Going to sleep and then go to the movies with mom, LOL. When I'm done,... hopefully I can dig up a design for the letters and get started.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Ok,... check it out. These letters are not final. I'm goign to go back and tweak some of them. I dont like how how of them turned out. But still it's very cool.

Aug-17-2007

The font style im going with,...

Very nice.

Cut em out with the scroll saw.
Image Image

Tracing for the uv equiv's,...
Image Image

Making long rivets. I'm using heat this time. I need the head to look nice and uniform all the way around. I need them to mash into the letter countersinks as good as possible.

The iron mold sink,...

Letter countersinks.

Rivets in place,...

Front side,...

Up close,...

Posts installed. This was a pain in the ass. The threaded opposts are made of zinc which heat up red hot quick! Next time,... I do not want to use heat to install the posts. I only want to use heat to mash the latter side of the rivet into the rivet countersink. They look sloppy but just need a bit cleaning up.

Here's the lettter side with a quick sanding. Can barely see the rivets:)
Image Image

Decided to round the letters.
Image Image

Drill the post holes in the acrylic. the other little holes were only pilot holes to make this step easier.

So damn cool.

Sample,...
Image Image

Mounting the letters to another piece of aluminnum for polishing. All the holes are for the other letters.
Image Image

BOOOYAAA!!!

Killer,...

You see the "A". Thats what I want! Some of the other letters are not as good. I think they need to be sanded a bit more. It's a game of chance though. If the rivet head are mashed in there good,... more sanding will help. IF there are more gaps,... it will get worse. I think im going to chance it and sand a bit more to see what happens.

You see how the "O" sint as good as the "U" and "T"?

So hot.

the back. Next time I want to try and hollow out a smaller diameter bolt. Next time I want to use stainless steel and not zinc.

Going to look bad @ss,...
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:01 pm

Small update.

Aug-18-2007

My new "B"! Looks a lot better! The old "B" looks too whole?!?!

Came out pretty nice. You can see that rivet a bit though. It's not really that visible,... the cam is just bring it out and throwing it in your face really. YHou can hardly see them in person. I actaully fixed the others nicely! I heat up the rivet heads and tapped them with the hammer. I think it's called plenishing?!?! The process of smoothing out with a hammmer. After plenishing,... a bit of sanding and polishing again and they are practically gone.

The background cover. I'm cutting what I need off of this old piece of aluminum I got cheap at a scrap yard. You wouldnt believe and many sheets like you they had there!!! Scrap yards have a ton of material that is very usable for what we do and for very cheap!

There's my piece that I need to cut. This aluminum is very hard. Not all that good for bend. It tears because its so hard. I believ with enough heat you can bend it but it is hard. I have a lot of sanding to do.

Sanded it clean. OMG! I started with the 80 grit paper and damn,... after 15 minutes I had to get out the 40! There were a lot of deep scratched from whatever was used to give this panel the brushed look.

The area in which this thing will cover. You see how there some of the mobotray that wont be covered? Thats because of the hardware on the side panels. these bars have to fit in there. I actually dont mind. It goes along with the idea of covering up stuff but not all of it. sounds wierid I know. Later on in the future when I start working on cEVO,... you'll see.

This is it for now. Going to sleep and then go back.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification