How To Make A Slipstreamed Win XP SP2 Disc

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

How To Make A Slipstreamed Win XP SP2 Disc

Postby MoboCop » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:51 pm

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Sabrewings » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:52 pm

Coolies.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Slipstreaming Question

Postby sentinel3305 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:37 pm

Hi All,

I have a question related to this article. My original Windows XP CD is a pre-SP1 retail CD (I bought into XP the day it was released). When doing this slipstreaming procedure, do I need to add in SP1 before SP2? Is SP2 all inclusive?

Cheers

Sentinel3305
sentinel3305
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby joshvee » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:44 pm

heh I got a dumb question, where do I get SP2 as a seperate downloadable file??

All my computers are SP2 via windows update and the download/install proceedure is automatic. (I don't mean I have automatic updates turned on) It did not give me the option to download and save the SP2 file. It just downloaded it and installed it as it always does.

So where do I get SP2 as a seperate downloadable file??
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Ghen » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:47 pm

Jeez I really really really need to do this.. I'm so freaking lazy though. Thanks for the article.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Oylpann » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:02 pm

"You cant hug your family with Nuclear Arms"

Asus F2A85-V Pro
AMD A10-5800K APU @ 4.5GHz
8GB G. Skill 1866
550w PSU
Hyper 212 Evo
Oylpann
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:04 pm

joshvee wrote:heh I got a dumb question, where do I get SP2 as a seperate downloadable file??

All my computers are SP2 via windows update and the download/install proceedure is automatic. (I don't mean I have automatic updates turned on) It did not give me the option to download and save the SP2 file. It just downloaded it and installed it as it always does.

check out page two of the article. Link at the top.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby joshvee » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:13 pm

MoboCop wrote:
joshvee wrote:heh I got a dumb question, where do I get SP2 as a seperate downloadable file??

Did that already....it just takes me to the SP2 info page that tells me to download it via windows update page (or get the CD )

If I go to windows update page the download/install process is automatic and only works if you don't already have SP2 installed.....what am I missing?

NB. OK I've been looking for half an hour now, and have no been able to find a XPSP2 file to download. :evil: A direct link would be nice.
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby MoboCop » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:53 pm

joshvee wrote:
MoboCop wrote:

Did that already....it just takes me to the SP2 info page that tells me to download it via windows update page (or get the CD )

If I go to windows update page the download/install process is automatic and only works if you don't already have SP2 installed.....what am I missing?

NB. OK I've been looking for half an hour now, and have no been able to find a XPSP2 file to download. :evil: A direct link would be nice.

Hmm, well it is now beyond me. I have sent your request to Doc to get it from the author. We will post here and update as soon as I get the info back.
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby joshvee » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:23 am

MoboCop wrote:
joshvee wrote:
MoboCop wrote:

Hmm, well it is now beyond me. I have sent your request to Doc to get it from the author. We will post here and update as soon as I get the info back.

So am I correct in guessing that none of you have actualy tried it? Has anyone ever found a downloadable and saveable SP2 file from the windows update page?? or from the link provided on page 2 of this article?

Or am I missing something so profoundly simple due to a case of dumbassness that I may have contracted over the weekend :lol:
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Next

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site