The Mother Board
How To Make A Slipstreamed Win XP SP2 Disc
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoboCop
Drunken Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: How To Make A Slipstreamed Win XP SP2 Disc Reply with quote

http://www.motherboards.org/articles/guides/1483_1.html
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolies.

RIAA vs The People
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sentinel3305
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Slipstreaming Question Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a question related to this article. My original Windows XP CD is a pre-SP1 retail CD (I bought into XP the day it was released). When doing this slipstreaming procedure, do I need to add in SP1 before SP2? Is SP2 all inclusive?

Thanks lachen

Cheers

Sentinel3305
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh I got a dumb question, where do I get SP2 as a seperate downloadable file??

All my computers are SP2 via windows update and the download/install proceedure is automatic. (I don't mean I have automatic updates turned on) It did not give me the option to download and save the SP2 file. It just downloaded it and installed it as it always does.

So where do I get SP2 as a seperate downloadable file??
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez I really really really need to do this.. I'm so freaking lazy though. Thanks for the article.
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://unattended.msfn.org/ wink lachen

Asus F2A85-V Pro
AMD A10-5800K APU @ 4.5GHz
8GB G. Skill 1866
550w PSU
Hyper 212 Evo
MoboCop
Drunken Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshvee wrote:

All my computers are SP2 via windows update and the download/install proceedure is automatic. (I don't mean I have automatic updates turned on) It did not give me the option to download and save the SP2 file. It just downloaded it and installed it as it always does.

check out page two of the article. Link at the top.
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoboCop wrote:
joshvee wrote:

Did that already....it just takes me to the SP2 info page that tells me to download it via windows update page (or get the CD )

If I go to windows update page the download/install process is automatic and only works if you don't already have SP2 installed.....what am I missing?

NB. OK I've been looking for half an hour now, and have no been able to find a XPSP2 file to download. evil A direct link would be nice.
Drunken Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshvee wrote:
MoboCop wrote:
joshvee wrote:

Did that already....it just takes me to the SP2 info page that tells me to download it via windows update page (or get the CD )

If I go to windows update page the download/install process is automatic and only works if you don't already have SP2 installed.....what am I missing?

NB. OK I've been looking for half an hour now, and have no been able to find a XPSP2 file to download. evil A direct link would be nice.

Hmm, well it is now beyond me. I have sent your request to Doc to get it from the author. We will post here and update as soon as I get the info back.
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoboCop wrote:
joshvee wrote:
MoboCop wrote:
joshvee wrote:

Hmm, well it is now beyond me. I have sent your request to Doc to get it from the author. We will post here and update as soon as I get the info back.

So am I correct in guessing that none of you have actualy tried it? Has anyone ever found a downloadable and saveable SP2 file from the windows update page?? or from the link provided on page 2 of this article?

Or am I missing something so profoundly simple due to a case of dumbassness that I may have contracted over the weekend lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: