The Mother Board
Foxconn 925A01-8EKRS2 Motherboard Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoboCop
Drunken Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Foxconn 925A01-8EKRS2 Motherboard Review Reply with quote

http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/motherboards/1458_1.html
adrian_k
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: a suggestion Reply with quote

I don't have a great deal of exp. w/ building pc's so when it says something like 'the power cable goes over the processor' or the 'video card blocks the ram' I find it hard to visualise.
Si it'd be nice to have a photo of the problem just to see how bad it is.

cheers
Adrian
MoboCop
Drunken Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

board shot

http://www.motherboards.org/imageview.html?i=/images/mobot/motherboards/7421.jpg

If you look at above image. Check the lime green slot in middle of board (pci express x16 or video slot). Just below this slot and to the right you can see two sets of memory slots (yellow and blue). Now when a video card is installed it is typically longer than the slot by at least a few inches and in a layout like this will prevent you from opening the white locking mechanisms on the memory slots.

As for the power cable you can see its location at the bottom right corner of the motherboard directly in line with the cpu socket. A better ergonomic placement would be somewhere in the top left side of the board.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for the power cable you can see its location at the bottom right corner of the motherboard directly in line with the cpu socket. A better ergonomic placement would be somewhere in the top left side of the board.

Provided you have a power supply that can reach with its cable. Value power supplies have very short cabling sometimes, I can see what segment this board is pointed at already...

System error, strike any user to continue...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
profofpcs
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, are they trying to phase out IDE altogether? on all the newer boards ive seen, there's only one IDE port, and the cdroms need them. so, are they going the way of the isa slots? will we soon HAVE to buy SATA drives?

depression is just anger without the enthusiasm
anger is just danger without the "d"
EmilyB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cacrusn wrote:
ok, are they trying to phase out IDE altogether? on all the newer boards ive seen, there's only one IDE port, and the cdroms need them. so, are they going the way of the isa slots? will we soon HAVE to buy SATA drives?

I have seen some SATA DVD drives, so I imagine IDE will be phased out eventually crying
dallascisco
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmilyB wrote:
cacrusn wrote:

I have seen some SATA DVD drives, so I imagine IDE will be phased out eventually crying

Eventually, I've seen some rom drives using sata but that will take time.
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will SCSI ever be mainstream for desktops or it's reserved for servers because of costs and such?

Ryn
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snap355 wrote:
Will SCSI ever be mainstream for desktops or it's reserved for servers because of costs and such?

i dont think SCSI will be mainstream for desktops since it is designed to be used 24/7 on a server.

Join the Motherboards.org Folding Team 33258
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: