How much do you think my new rig will OC (newbie)

Techniques, tips, and advice for the performance PC enthusiast on overclocking.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Rabidwerewolf » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:42 am

It has the K8T800 chipset, but not the pro. The K8T800pro chipset in the socket939 board.

edit: I got brave and pushed the proc to 2.314ghz at 1.552 on vCore, multiplier at 10 and FSB at 231.5. Temps never got above 52 degrees C w stock hs/f even under 100% load for 6 hours. Idle temperature was 39 degrees C. Had some screen shots for you, but I can't access my web account to post the image. I will try later today. I may try for 2.4 at some point next week, but I don't know if that would be pushing my luck or not.
Rabidwerewolf
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Rabidwerewolf » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:42 pm

As promised, here is a screen capture. I had to get the size of the pic under 400kb which is the limit per pic at my personal web page. I was able to get a maximum stable overclock of 2.353ghz. I tried to get 2.4ghz, but my system would just lock up on anything higher than 2.397ghz. Even at 2.397, it was a touchy depending on what applications were running. After some talking with a few friends of mine and on some of the oc forums, I found that to go any higher I would need better cooling and probably have to lock the agp/pci and/or better memory. I was told that that was a respectable oc on the Athlon64 3000+ 130nm proc with stock hs/f and the Kingston ram. What do you think???

Rabidwerewolf
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Previous

Return to Overclockers Anonymous