As The motherboard turns

Moderator: The Mod Squad

As The motherboard turns

Postby MoboCop » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:51 am

Never a dull moment around here I see. I am glad to see that the recent turmoil was resolved without intervention.

As administrator of this site I attempt to walk the fine line between being fairly active on these boards and still trying to stay fairly impartial and aware that I may need to make decisions that some people will not like.

Anyone who thinks that I enjoy veteran or newbie members leaving this site is out of there mind. I do not enjoy banning people. I do not enjoy resolving issues where members have upset each other.

The moderators of these forums are here to help. They spend 90% + of there time answering members tech questions. They do this on their own time out of the goodness of their own hearts. They deserve respect, whether you like them personally or not. If you have an issue with a moderator I suggest you contact me privately.

The rules of this forum are simple and are very hard to enforce. The moderators do NOT enjoy being police, and yet at the same time it is important that we try to preserve some sense of public peace. If we do not things tend to spiral out of hand quickly which diminishes the community.

On the other hand, the moderators and myself are not perfect, we are not machines, and we cannot read every single post or follow every thread. Sometimes things flare up before a mod even has a chance to get there.

I am continually surprised when veteran members allow single posts to upset them so much they would decide to leave. In many cases they are misunderstandings, where the intended slight was assumed or the post was simply misread.

With 90k members there are going to be disagreements, misunderstandings, and even outright dislike between two or more members. I would expect the veterans to handle these situations with grace and tact, as they understand how forums are and how the written word does not always convey the intended meaning.

When something happens you do not care for. You have a couple choices. You can escalate the situation publicly by responding to the offending post. You can send a PM to the member involved and try to resolve it privately. Or you can contact a moderator or me. I highly recommend avoiding the public route.

To sum it up I would like to make it known that I enjoy the forums and appreciate and respect the members who have made it what it is today. The moderators and I will continue to do our best to keep The Mother Board the friendly community it is and we hope you will do the same.
Last edited by MoboCop on Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Sabrewings » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:55 am

Good info to have, Mobocop. Hopefully this will put the way things are to be handled in a new light. At least its right up in front for all to see. I personally think things are exactly the way they should be and just want to say Kudos to Mobocop and all the Mods. You guys are great!
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ~Rob » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:06 pm

Well said! I agree with the choces every member can make.

The Mods do an amazing job and are some of the best people on the Forum! As for MoboCop, where would we be without him? Forumless (Is that even a word!?!?!?)
Jocuri cu impuscaturi si alte genuri, pentru toate varstele doar pe acest link - distractie si amuzament garantat!
~Rob
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Sabrewings » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:09 pm

Rob_Pope wrote:Forumless (Is that even a word!?!?!?)

It is now! :mrgreen:
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ryn » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:24 pm

Well said MoboCop, that's all i can say :wink:
Ryn
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby kokalo » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:59 pm

Respect, Boss-man!
ImageImage

P3! (No, not PIII)
kokalo
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby yulson » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:59 pm

Have to agree; Very Well Said!!
yulson
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby EmilyB » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:29 am

Thank you MoboCop, I know we all really value and appreciate you taking interest in recent events. To me your job looks like Mission Impossible with trying to keep everyone happy, but you do a fantastic job which I personally cannot question. I think a membership of 90,000 speaks for itself; this website is one of the best. Long may it continue.

Thank you.
EmilyB

Postby Mark H » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:41 am

Perhaps a link back to this thread in each forum?????

I wholeheartedly agree with you.
I have a photographic memory, only problem is, I ran out of film.
Mark H
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Myth » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 am

Thanks MoboCop and all the Mods for everything you do.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Next

Return to Announcements