rascard2007 wrote:Well, tryiong to troubleshoot a friends computer I was testing the PSU voltages with a multimeter, but I didn´t disconect the HDD molex plug. I made an instant short circuit and some chip in the controller card of the HDD burn down with an small orange flame like a birthday candle.
Fortunatelly I had an HDD of the exact model plenty of bad sectors and replaced the burned controller card with the other one. It works perfectly and the HDD is still working.
BTW I never told my friend what happen!!!
That's why I carry a few spare drive boards. I had 3 HDDs die on me, a Quantum Fireball (6.4g), Samsung ( not sure exact model, 7g), and WD (10g, my biggest lost.) These 25g may not seem like much, but they are when you are 13.
Well, actually, I plucked the boards from those, because they had "Constant Clicking Syndrome." Good thing to know that the boards still work