Stupid Mistakes... Where to start??
1) (yes they are numbered!!) Put SDRAM in the wrong way, needless to say a nice puff of smoke and it never worked
2) How does using a 2000XP running Splinter Cell Demo's sound without the fan plugged in. Got it up to 116C and it worked fine!!!
3) Dropping a monitor and splitting the plastic cover
4) USB cables for the case ports with the + and - data cables the wrong way
5) Scratchin a motherboard while putting on the HS/F
6) Turning on a PC without any HS/F installed.
Luckily I've been alright in most cases!! No doubt I have more to follow!
I was carrying a 19" CRT monitor to my car, and tripped on the sidewalk, and fell forward, off the curb, and fell directly onto the monitor, full force, with my chest! Man! My chest and ribs HURT for a week!
The monitor case was cracked (a slight cosmetic injury). After 15 minutes laying there, I finally got up, I threw the monitor into a dumpster and called it quits. I had 4 more just like it. It was probably still good, but I had had enough of that one!
After that, I buy flat panels now!!!!!!!!
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire