Guide to troubleshoot new (re)builds

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby jabbajt » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:33 pm

does anyone have an idea about this problem?
im tryin to get mine started for the first time and i cant get video
i know the video card is good cause ive had a diagnostic ran on it
and ive tried all the help ive gotten from the manufacturers and a help site but nothing seems to be getting me anywhere
ive tried reseting CMOS in minimal boot and reseating vid. card and RAM
there are no beeps at all either also it cant be the mobo cause this is a new one that i got today from sending back one that wouldnt boot
this problem is about to drive me crazy so if there is anything any of you guys can tell me it would be greatly appreciated
jabbajt
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

mobo/hardware trouble

Postby illustrick » Sun May 25, 2008 10:47 pm

I am running a evga mobo 790i, and i have a q9300 intel, and i have ocz platimun ram, clocked 7-7-7-7-7, now the trouble i am having is when i install the fourth gig...... my computer errors,(blue screen, hardware freeze(lockup)) it will never reach the windows login screen.(vista 64) i am running the p03 bios that is posted on the evga forums. i downgraded from the p04 bios cause i wanted to see if the p03 ver was stable, and it seems to me it is more stable. I had always only been running the 3 out-a 4 gigs i had. and now i just finally added the last gig, (for crysis) and eventual overclocking. is there any advice out there on a way to resolve this issue? any help would be greatly apperciated.
_watsxn
illustrick

Postby evasive » Mon May 26, 2008 12:53 am

Many boards cannot reach full memory speed with all slots filled, this is a recurring issue ever since the invention of SDRAM it seems. I'd nag EVGA tech support about it.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

emachines specific

Postby evasive » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:18 am

if that's a 250W Bestec PSU, you should replace it before it does more damage, if you have a failure. Don't even put it in other systems to test. Failed samples can put out 30V on the 12V rail. It's deadly to motherboards.

If you have the better 300W version, probably only the mobo or the PSU has failed. Not both.

So now you know, if you have a 250W bestec supply and the machine is dead, standard procedure: replace the board as well...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Gradial » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:20 am

So decided to keep the upgrade cheap by keeping the old case, X blade, disk drives and PSU (COLORS it 650U 650 watts). Decided on gigabyte F2A85X-D3H AMD FM2 mother board, using an athlon II x4 740 3.2Ghz 65w processor, Radeon 7750, 1TB barracuda hdd and 2x4GB XMS3 ddr3

Gradial
Gradial
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Previous

Return to Tech Support