Serious Questions To Those Who May Know

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Serious Questions To Those Who May Know

Postby miki02131 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:00 pm

Is this Project an Open ended project? Is there a projected date by which a solution will be found and the project come to an end? Can I say as I am speaking right now, answers to certain medical questions have been found due to the computing efforts? Has humanity started ripping off the benefits of that project already? Is there a short term goal and when is it expected to reach? When is a longterm goal expected to reach? Are we goind to keep folding for ever and ever or what?

NB. I am talking about the Protein Folding Project in general.
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby len444 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:02 pm

len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:18 pm

I don't think they'll ever stop it. They'll just create new work units as things are discovered.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby gamepyrate » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:40 am

When will they ever be satisfied? I think there will be a point where any more research in this field is useless, when people's expected lifetimes are nearing 1,000 years, all diseases have been cured and human genetics have been perfected. Of course they could always devote a new Folding project to studying the cause of war and human arrogance. And once they've found world peace and human immortality, they could just start new Folding projects on finding God, the end of the universe, the quazillionth # of pi, the best recipe for Starbucks-style brewed coffee, and everything else that doesn't matter..
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tulatin » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:31 am

LOL! All too true GP - the project can take on any form possible.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team