Woohoo!

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Woohoo!

Postby wolverineman85 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:26 pm

As of 5:37 PM EST on October 5, 2003, we are ranked at number 200 according to statsman.info

Wow, seems like only yesterday when the folding began...
wolverineman85
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby gamepyrate » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:59 pm

Wow. And it's all because of DefaultDave (or like 33% because of DefaultDave, directly). Thanks Dave!
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby evasive » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:01 pm

We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby len444 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:07 pm

yeah, we're rockin a long pretty well! we could use some new members though. it would be good if we could get some of those that have contributed and stopped, to reconsider supporting the team! it's possible that i'll be adding another layer in the next month or so. i have a mobo that i'm going to rma once the replacement arrives (and hope that all is well w/ the replacement :roll: ). i'll have another layer active when the rma'd mobo gets back. minimum for a layer is an all in one mb (video, and lan on bd- and compatable w/ os's), cpu, stick of ram, and some kind of drive (cd-rom, hdd, zip drive, ect...). thin clients/ diskless/ headless methods are also possible, though they require a dedicated server to hold the hdd (in raid) and are a bit more complicated to get going.

yeah, kudos to all that have contributed, and lets hope for more members, and others to reconsider and make the effort to restart the contribution process. it would be good if we could get more mb.org mods, tech guys, mobo reviewers, ect... involved as well!
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby joshvee » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:29 pm

Len444 is referring to me :? :( :cry:

dont worry folks as soon as the computer room is finished i'll be folding again.
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby len444 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:44 pm

joshvee wrote:Len444 is referring to me :? :( :cry:

dont worry folks as soon as the computer room is finished i'll be folding again.

does it have independant A/C? just kidding :lol: i wasn't thinking of you specifically, joshvee. i just look at the mb.org team at www.statsman.info, and see some of the members haven't contributed in a while. perhaps they are running slow comps, or are not running 24/7 like us more active members? of course it's up to each person to ultimately decide to run the program, so freedom of decision must be respected as well (break out the mb.org subduction sticks, and force participation- crack, crack, crack- c'mon run the f*cken thing gawd damn it :lol: -jk).
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby joshvee » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:50 pm

Yes its running independant A/C, wide screen plasma TV, satelite, cable internet, fridge and bar and a toilet and shower (ensuite). the room is seperate from the house and is connected to the workshop in the back yard. (always been my dream) :D :D :D
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby len444 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:54 pm

joshvee wrote:Yes its running independant A/C, wide screen plasma TV, satelite, cable internet, fridge and bar and a toilet and shower (ensuite). the room is seperate from the house and is connected to the workshop in the back yard. (always been my dream) :D :D :D

sounds super freakin awesome! so this must be a conferance room of some sort (business write off)?!? 8)
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:52 pm

Congrats to all you guys! We're doing great. With a couple of us gettign back online again soon, our procress should move even faster, but it's gonna get real hard in the top 100. We need to multiply our membership if we're to hold the dominant spot though.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby joshvee » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:58 pm

Len444 wrote:
sounds super freakin awesome! so this must be a conferance room of some sort (business write off)?!? 8)

Nope just one of the things I've always wanted....somewere for me and my computer geek friends to hang out and LAN party till dawn. That and a workshop (for cars)...I'm also a bit of a motor head. :twisted:
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Next

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team