Flags

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Flags

Postby steve6787 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:51 am

I noticed if you put one of the flags in wrong, a little screen pops up telling you how to use the flags, and a little description of each flag. Im having trouble using the send x flag. If I have that flag active, it will start F@H and within a few seconds it shuts down. If I take off the flag, it works fine. What is this flag for? In the description it says its for sending your data to the server. I was wondering if I might need this flag, because I did a 500 blocker last month, and my stats still have not showed up yet! That sucks, because It takes me a really long time to get those done! But, I cant seem to get it to work. Also, what flags should I use for a sub 500 machine, or should I just leave it at the default settings?

Thanks!

If you guys want me to, I could put together a description of each of the flags and how to use them....
Phenom II X6 1055T @ 2.8GHz
Dual Boot Win7x64/Bodhi
8 GB RAM
Radeon HD 3450
60GB Vertex 2 SSD (For OS's)/750GB for Data
steve6787
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby len444 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:50 am

-send x will send completed WU's. use the -queueinfo flag first to see if there are any completed WU's, and then -send x if there are. -send x will shut the system down when completed (use '-send all' flag instead).

If you guys want me to, I could put together a description of each of the flags and how to use them....

and your asking how to use the flags? :roll: anyway, this flag list already exists, and should be referenced in the team page. read the join and guides sections- there should be at least 1 reference to stanford u's flag list.
Last edited by len444 on Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:20 pm

Len, if yo usay send 2, will the system complete 2 work units before submitting?
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby len444 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:23 pm

Tulatin wrote:Len, if yo usay send 2, will the system complete 2 work units before submitting?

-send x, where x= the protein#. i'd just use -send all, as it's easier. i don't think it functions to retain WU's before sending them in. if you add the -queueinfo, or -send all flag, it really won't work on any WU's, but just specific to those functions. the -send all flag will close the client after it does it's function. you could apply the -queueinfo, and/ or -send all flag, and it appears that they will override the other flags. then remove them, and restart FAH.

so basically, -queueinfo, and -send x/ -send all are just to see what's in the queue, and to send in any completed WU's. so they wouldn't be included in any normal crunching flag list.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:40 pm

Oh. For the graphical client, the info on the quoke can be found by right clicking the icon, and as to the send all thing, i'm sure that's automatic too.
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby steve6787 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:59 pm

and your asking how to use the flags? anyway, this flag list already exists, and should be referenced in the team page. read the join and guides sections- there should be at least 1 reference to stanford u's flag list.

I was asking about 1 flag dude, chill. There is a lot more flags than, what is listed on our team page, so I was just going to put want the system says they do.....thats all!
Dual Boot Win7x64/Bodhi
8 GB RAM
Radeon HD 3450
steve6787
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby len444 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:36 pm

steve6787 wrote:
and your asking how to use the flags? anyway, this flag list already exists, and should be referenced in the team page. read the join and guides sections- there should be at least 1 reference to stanford u's flag list.

I was asking about 1 flag dude, chill. There is a lot more flags than, what is listed on our team page, so I was just going to put want the system says they do.....thats all!

have you seen this page?:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegrou ... guide.html

this is the list that should be hypertext linked to in the team page. i believe it would be under the join/ how section. there is a need to have a couple more "flags" links in the guides section. if there are more flags than this referenced list, then they would be undocumented, and i would want to know about them!
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby steve6787 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:01 am

No, I have not seen that page, I had already joined when that paged had opened, so I didnt think there was any need for me to go to the join section. I looked under the guides and faq sections, but only seen a few flags. Thanks for pointing out the page to me, didnt know it was there. Maybe should think about putting it in the faq or guides section also?
Dual Boot Win7x64/Bodhi
8 GB RAM
Radeon HD 3450
steve6787
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby len444 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:50 am

steve6787 wrote:No, I have not seen that page, I had already joined when that paged had opened, so I didnt think there was any need for me to go to the join section. I looked under the guides and faq sections, but only seen a few flags. Thanks for pointing out the page to me, didnt know it was there. Maybe should think about putting it in the faq or guides section also?

yes, i agree- more references to the flags list is needed- this is a good point. i'd like to see it in w/ the guides section, so as a person reads, they can get a fuller perspective of how to configure and run the client. a reference to the flags list should also be in the FAQ. give smurf_pimp a PM regarding this situation. that'll pull him away from the case badge design process. :lol:
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby len444 » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:18 am

steve, not seeing you on the teams stats page:
http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=33258

have you finished any WU's yet? have you entered your handle the same as you're using here, and used #33258 for the team # during the config process? i realize that a WU must be finished before any info is added to the stats page, so i wonder if you've either not finished one yet, or erred in the config process (like folding under anonymous for name, and team???). what version are you running?
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Next

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team