Slowly meeting resistance........

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby joshvee » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:41 pm

Hehe I have a $10 a day habbit....(tailor mades) The nicotine gum costs as much but less pleasure....If they really want ppl to quit, the gum should be cheaper.
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Aussie » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:04 pm

If they really want ppl to quit, the gum should be cheaper.

My thoughts exactly, if the government are honestly concerned for our wellbeing and want us to quit they should redirect part of the huge tax haul they make from smokers towards subsidising the gum and the patches.

Personally I think the government is primarily concerned with the increasing cost of smoking as far as the health budget goes not our wellbeing and their solution is to "tax the #/&* out of the suckers, that'll fix it". :roll:

The worst of it is that these guys spend three years coming up with solutions like this and then get a huge pension for the rest of their lives. Take 10% off the top of all the politicians pensions and we could all have FREE gum & patches. :twisted:

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:56 pm

Aussie - what you say is ENTIRELY true in canada. For years, health canada has been bitchign about health issue, but they'll NEVER ban it. Why? They make a $%^!@# of money taxing you silly...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Previous

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team