Slowly meeting resistance........

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby gamepyrate » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:14 am

Yep we're in or near 400th place. It would seem quite a big step, except for you must figure the 100 thousand people or more (i'm just guessing) who compose places 1-399.
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby evasive » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:19 pm

gamepyrate wrote:Yep we're in or near 400th place. It would seem quite a big step, except for you must figure the 100 thousand people or more (i'm just guessing) who compose places 1-399.

team is currently ranked 379...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Aussie » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:53 pm

Had another stroke of bad luck here, 4 machines sharing one network connection means that I have to check regularly to connect any machine that has completed a work unit.

Last night before going to bed I checked all 4 machines and the dual box was about to complete 2 work units so I connected it to the network and went to bed.

12 hours later I check again to see if any machine is ready to upload and here's the dual box still trying to upload its work units. :twisted:

I had dislodged the network cable from the hub while I was changing it over the night before so there's 10 to 12 hours of folding lost on the dual box. :oops:

Might have to bite the bullet and upgrade my 5 port switchable hub to a 16 port jobby and get busy making some cables. :roll:

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby miki02131 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:56 pm

One of the reason I joined the team is because I received a PM from Smurf promoting the team and inviting me to come on board. Instead of concentrating on the ranking itself, why don't we launch a campaign and see if we can recruit at least 2 or 3 users every week.

I think if we keep inviting and encouraging people, more will join and we will be able to move up the rank more rapidly. We know what our goal is but we need to turn the emphasis on the tactics to reach it. By recruiting more members, we will top the rankings and won't even know it.
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:12 pm

Niiiice idea miki. Maybe a prize for who recruits the most in a month?
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby gamepyrate » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:57 pm

How about a Motherboards.org Case Badge? Or a Motherboards.org F@H Case Badge? hehe I love those case badge things.
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby evasive » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:49 am

Aussie wrote:Might have to bite the bullet and upgrade my 5 port switchable hub to a 16 port jobby and get busy making some cables. :roll:

Aussie

Ow come on, that will take an hour or so. Give yourself the relief of having free ports again where you can quickly plug in a machine to test for network connectivity. I'll be facing the same thing anytime soon, one port left on the 8-port hub.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tulatin » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:09 am

We do have some help in the form of a dual operton member, who will begin folding soon...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby miki02131 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:50 am

Today I take the time to PM five mobo.org users. Below is the content of my PM. You welcome to copy and paste if you choose to join the PM campagn in an effort to recruit more members to the team.

I pmed the following users: Atang, Snacky, Bamboozledguy, YouGiveMeRash, Estacio63, sdFuk

Subject: Join The F@H Team

This is an invitation to join the motherboards.org folding team. Visit the following for more info:

http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/jehovah/Main3.html

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... 718c83bce6
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Aussie » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:23 pm

Ow come on, that will take an hour or so.

Time is scarce enough but that is not the problem, having just purchased a motherboard, CPU and memory for my own machine and that only a matter of weeks after completing the dual box I have to start considering where I draw the line.

Can't spend all of my profits on my own kit, I like to eat as well too. :lol:

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team