The Mother Board
Getting hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruhthaKuga
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Use Product Ratings of Users From Newegg and Other Web Sites Reply with quote

I find that Newegg's reviews are good to help one to decide what part to buy. Newegg have a large number of people reviewing product that they have bought and used. Pay attention to the "Tech Level" of the reviewer as many really don't know what they are doing and do crazy things. Earlier in my builds I damaged three motherboards and three CPUs with a bad PSU that I rigged up with parts from two different types. Also I damaged many parts with static. Some just don't understand that walking on carpet then touching electronic devices will damage them, it doesn't register that that causes thousands of volts to accumulate into the body and it discharges into the device when touched so you may want to disregard some of the D.O.A.s and also to acknowledge that there are going to be some D.O.A.s with most devices.

Although seeing the brake up of the reviews is valuable, the number of people rating the product, the percentage of reviewers that rate the product excellent, good, average, poor, very poor you get a good idea of the products quality also you should actually read quite a few of each ratings level instead of just looking at how many eggs they are rated, see what people are saying about the product.

4, 5, 6, 7 hundred or more people reviewing a product, that info will cost you many bars of Gold Pressed Latinum if you had to pay for it.

Latinum is a rare silver liquid used as currency. It cannot be replicated. For ease of transaction, latinum is usually suspended within gold to produce "gold-pressed" latinum.
Denominations of gold-pressed latinum, in order of increasing value, include the slip, the strip, the bar and the brick.

Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever.

- 102nd Rule of Acquisition
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: