The Mother Board
New mb.org F@H site
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
son0rous
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: New mb.org F@H site Reply with quote

Since the new site is very close to completion, I might as well give away the address so you can tell me if you are having any problems with it. Feel free to give me advice on anything you would like changed. I still need to have a write up done on the rules, have a contact page, and i'll most likely change the main screen's opening page or at least add something to it, its just there as a temp.
If you wish to view it click here
i'd say its not too bad for a 15 year old kid who's only experience with html was reading some stuff online a year ago, and who never used javascript in his life lol

SP
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, very simple, yet stylish.
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smurf you deserve a lot of credit, you and Len and Tulatin have put alot of time and work into this project. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! lachen
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smurf, not bad at all for a beginner. We just need a bit of grammatical corrections. Some sentences might need rephrasing. Some ideas might also need to be reorganized in more concise maner before we reach perfection. cool
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you need Chicks on the webpage too, hot ones. Dirty jokes wouldn't hurt either. Beer and sex articles would definitely give you more hits too.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smurf, you removed most of the links in the text body?!? references are still there w/o that functionality. you stripped it, and left it devoid of follow through.

my view is to embellish the text body w/ hypertext links. i linked to mb.org team member stats page, downloads, client versions, "flags" page, linux console differences page.... what's the rationale for removing this extra functionality?

check this out
to get an idea what i'm talking about.

Last edited by len444 on Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamepyrate wrote:
And you need Chicks on the webpage too, hot ones. Dirty jokes wouldn't hurt either. Beer and sex articles would definitely give you more hits too.

well gamepyrate, get to work, and code that nasty site of yours! gamepyrate's "palace of deviance" . combine intellectuallism, w/ a touch of skin, and raunch...
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Is it just me, or do about and join need to be re-done (join is firggin yellow, about is off position) - i'll have these fixed by night's end (where's SP?)
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Smurf you deserve a lot of credit, you and Len and Tulatin have put alot of time and work into this project. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have too much credit in the project. Len originally came up with the idea, and Him and SP basically wrote the whole thing. As to the design, the one you see now is smurf's modifcation of the original (mine), and it looks kickass. All I do is create the buttons, and soon enough install an animated title (motherboards.orf: folding at home team folds into helping humanity in our own way, then the top bar slides over it, and Join 33258 Today pops up. This'll take a WHILE.
son0rous
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len444 wrote:
smurf, you removed most of the links in the text body?!? references are still there w/o that functionality. you stripped it, and left it devoid of follow through.

my view is to embellish the text body w/ hypertext links. i linked to mb.org team member stats page, downloads, client versions, "flags" page, linux console differences page.... what's the rationale for removing this extra functionality?

check this out
to get an idea what i'm talking about.

as of this morning (when i wrote the pages) those links never existed, but now that they do the site has been updated.
also i think we need a write up for the rules page.......but i cant think of any, should we ditch it or do you know some?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: