Question about building my own blackintosh

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Question about building my own blackintosh

Postby megamindstorm101 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:19 pm

I was looking into building myself a computer similar to the old blackintosh as for the most part I have all the parts required already.

My current spec

> corsair obsidian 800d
> i7 2700k
> xspc rasa 750 rx 360 (i might be using something else though anyone have reccomendations on how to sell it?)
> asus p8z68-v pro/gen3
> 2 seagate barracuda 1tb hardrives in mirrored array.
> 128gb samsung 830 ssd
> gearhead dvd burner.
> 16 gb kingston hyperx 1600mhz silver
> 1200w thermaltake toughpower psu
> sapphire 6870

All of this should work apart from the motherboard correct?

If I purchased a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 than should my computer be ready for conversion into a blackintosh?

Also it appears that the site doesn't currently sell the flash drives with osx lion. This is the tutorial to use correct? http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-i ... ed-pc.html

Apparently it does work with asus motherboards?

Also how would I be able to dual boot with windows 7. Would i have to do the bootcamp thing or is there a better way.

And once I have osx installed I am assuming things like my keyboard might have some problems working properly on the mac. (I have a daskeyboard ultimate).
megamindstorm101
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 am

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
There is an agreement between Apple® (Macintosh) and Microsoft® as to how the OS is programmed and installed. Since the change to an Intel-based motherboard, Apple has gone the way of a form of X-86 based OS platform. But it is not acceptable (or really legal!) to use a true Windows-themed OS on Apple-intended motherboards. Neither is it acceptable to use an Apple-based OS on other motherboard designs. Create a dual-boot setup, and use the 'bootcamp' option to choose between the OS platforms.
Other Apple programming and apps are geared to the OS theme, and not fully compatible with the pure Windows OS theme. The inverse is also true.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby megamindstorm101 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Wait what?

If I hackintosh (which there are posts on this very website on how to do that) im wondering how to dual boot.

I am not looking into the legalities of it all.
megamindstorm101
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Mr T » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Best way to dual boot is to swap hard drives, or use a BIOS switch.. Boot loadeers invariably fail with operating systems (and I have done a fair few inc a hackintosh using Darwin).. I am not a fan and alwyas find it easier to keep the operating systems totally separate... The Gigabyte board will work, and OSX Lion is very difficult to get hold of at the moment..!
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby evasive » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:11 am

We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby jronald » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 am

Macbuntu perhaps?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/macbuntu/

Im running it on things as low as a PIII Notebook without significant issues. Might just scratch the itch you are having.

Ron
My son carries in his childhood, the wonders I have sought my lifetime to find, and squandered fortunes to posses
jronald
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to General