Where Did Everybody Go ????

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Where Did Everybody Go ????

Postby c327 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Only been here about 8 years, but still here almost every day even if I don't post. I gave up trying to stay up to date with the PC technology but it just isn't worth my time, there really isn't any good reason or purpose for me to do that. I will wait until I have an issue or am ready to build another PC and then think about what to do then.

So many folks I just don't see here any longer ??? Very quiet.

For the folks that watched Boardwalk Empire on HBO, season 3 starts on September 16th at 9 PM

So many people got killed off I don't know how much longer this can go on ??

I wonder what Nucky is going to do when he finds out his wife/girlfriend gave all of his Jersey property to the church ????? Jimmy's dead (or is he) now what ????

This program is about Atlantic City in New Jersey during prohibition and Al Capone is on the rise in it. I don't see this show continuing much longer because if it did Al Capone would become the star and not Nucky. I say this is the last season, not many original people left alive.

http://www.hbo.com/boardwalk-empire/index.html
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” It can take a lifetime to earn it and a second to lose it. "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Mr T » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:34 am

Great show...

Can't wait for new season of True Blood and The Walking Dead... They start here in September and October... Wife likes Rookie Blue, starts next week...

Lot of British actors in these mini series for some reason...

And yes, it is really quiet here... Looks like the Motherboards.org Facebook page has taken off big style...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Roach412 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:23 am

i can't get to social media sites (amongst other flagged sites) from work...so, i'm pretty limited in my availability. it's nice that this site isn't blocked yet, but it is much more quiet. i'm here at least once or twice a day...but, don't always have something to say. :oops:

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 512gb SATAIII SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Sennheiser PC 350 Headset
Saitek Eclipse II
Logitech MX518
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby c327 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 am

Mr T wrote:Great show...

Can't wait for new season of True Blood and The Walking Dead... They start here in September and October... Wife likes Rookie Blue, starts next week...

Lot of British actors in these mini series for some reason...

And yes, it is really quiet here... Looks like the Motherboards.org Facebook page has taken off big style...

"The Walking Dead" :D That's the way I felt this morning at 2:00 AM when I went on the PC here. :o
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” It can take a lifetime to earn it and a second to lose it. "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:35 am

I am still "lurking" here, also. Still recovering from a second bout of Lyme disease.. but as the days and weeks go by, feeling more 'normal'.
Hopefully, September will be a "new season" for TV fare. For the past few months, nothing but reruns of reruns!!!! PDT_Armataz_01_02

As to some of my 'faves', "pawn star" shows and "antiques hunters" are up in my list.. as well as nature fare. Crime and drama shows are very low on my list. Those offerings with 'canned laughter' are obnoxious! Some could be called "celluloid omelets"!! :lol:
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:07 pm

"The Walking Dead" big grin That's the way I felt this morning at 2:00 AM when I went on the PC here. eek
Another insomniac like me... :D

Still recovering from a second bout of Lyme disease..
Thats bad, its becoming prevalent here in the UK due to the warmer, damper summers... Led to an explosion of ticks and mites...

Thats what you get with SKY (Satellite Co owned by Rupert Murdoch), reruns and reruns to fill all the channels... At times I still struggle to find something to watch...

Pawn Starts is great, been past the shop in Vegas, but didn't go in (wife wanted to).... If you can get them in the US, check out the BBCs Antiques Roadshow, some gems on that. They did a US and Canada show... As for nature you cannot beat Sir David Attenboroughs series... It is amazing in 3D (yes new TV, tried it out (not a 3D fan) and was blown away by it)...

And BBC news has just said a breakout of a mouse virus in Yellowstone National park has caused two deaths - be careful camping there...
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:55 am

And BBC news has just said a breakout of a mouse virus in Yellowstone National park has caused two deaths - be careful camping there...

Not just Yellowstone Park.. but anywhere that small rodents (mainly mice) exist. The Hantavirus is a deadly strain.. at present, no known 'cure' for it.
Mice are almost everywhere.. fields, trash piles, homes and businesses.. anywhere they can gain entry with less than a one-inch hole! Or chew their way through materials. And they seem to enjoy setting up "homes" inside the air covers of small engines!! This can lead to a fire next time you start up your mowing machine!
But getting off topic.. TV fare is indeed dismal, and some providers have demanded abnormally high fee increases to carriers of their fare. This has led to 'blackouts' of certain channels on most network carriers (satellite, cable providers). The cost has to be passed on to the end-user, but how much of an increase can be considered acceptable? As to off-the-air reception, you have to reside in an area where there are many signals.. or endure only two or three channel choices! A lot of programming is available via Internet.. but you need a high-speed link to see decent video.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:20 am

Aaargh, meant Yosemite National park...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19447160

You are right though, these sort of viruses present in most places...

And on the other note, most things I watch on TV are news, sport and films... I rarely watch mini series, unless they are well produced...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 am

Mr T wrote:Aaargh, meant Yosemite National park...

Then both of us have "egg on our face". :oops:
While Yosemite is the hot zone about the Hantavirus outbreak, the CDC (Center for Disease Control) notes a high risk factor wherever mice and other small rodents are found. Reuters News Item
Sanitizing operations are ongoing, and securing the cabins/tents will also be done. Plus baits to rid the area of the carriers.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: Where Did Everybody Go ????

Postby snakebite66 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:26 am

c327 wrote:So many folks I just don't see here any longer ??? Very quiet.

Boo! Not been here for quite a while but have been lurking from time to time.... life took over a bit, separation divorce, moving selling house buying new house....anyway hello to anyone that might remember me....I see a few familiar faces..... :lol: 8)
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Next

Return to The Water Cooler