I need suitable motherboard to my leptop

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

I need suitable motherboard to my leptop

Postby mirian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:01 am

I interest if model number of the motherboard is only identification character. if I buy motherboard with the model number of motherboard of my leptop, Will I be sure that motherboard is suitable to my computer? or are there any other characters which should I use to identify the motherboard?
mirian
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Hardware Junkie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:35 am

If you are looking for a replacement motherboard for your laptop, its best to you use the model # from the laptop. Some companies like IBM/Lenovo have other part numbers, but your best luck at finding a supplier online is to use the laptop model; especially for a site like ebay.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby mirian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:58 am

I couldn't identify motherboard using my leptop model number.. because when I open my leptop and look at the motherboard, it was different from search results, logicaly, wasn't it better using model number of MOTHERBOARD?
mirian
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby mirian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:05 pm

if I open my computer and look at the motherboard, and read model number of that, isn.t it the best?
mirian
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:11 am

Give the make and model of your laptop itself please. We will try and find a matching motherboard number.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby mirian » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:55 am

my computer is hp probook 4520s, model number is XX785EA. the model number of the motherboard is 633551-001. and I interest if I find motherboard with that 633551-001 , then will I be sure that the motherboard suits to my leptop? or should I use other identifiers?
mirian
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 am

yep, that is the HP replacement part number. It's available for $225 in used condition on ebay, HP partsurfer no longer lists this part though.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby mirian » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 am

if other numbers aren't the same, and only that part number is the same, can you surely say that I should buy that motherboard?
mirian
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby mirian » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:08 am

I want to be sure that the motherboard suits to my computer because it's very expensive and if I buy and then it won't suit to my leptop ...... :( :( :(
mirian
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:54 am

Unless dealing with a licensed motherboard provider (authorized service center or main sales office), be cautious about purchases from other sources. With eBay, look for feedback counts that are high and good. And also look for a warranty or "no DOA" statement. While most eBay retailers are very honest, there are a few that are not.
Go with the model number and service tag number on the case of your laptop for an exact replacement. other model motherboards may not fit physically, or have the same features as the original one.
With most computer and laptop models, there is a limit as to replacement parts. Many times, after a few years, only the 'used' market is a source.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum