The Mother Board
Windows display settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zooofer
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Windows display settings Reply with quote

Greetings all,
After getting hit by a virus that wiped out my os, I decided to create two different accounts, one admin and the other a basic acount for every day use. This is my problem, its not a big problem, but very annoying: On my basic account in advanced system settings where you can pick and choose how pretty you want your gui to be, I can make my changes and everything is wonderful until I reboot, they revert back to default settings. This is not a problem on my admin account. I tried to G00gle the problem and came up with nothing. The os is Windows Prof 64 bit updated. The pc consist of a Gigabyte ep45-ud3p mobo, Intel quad core and a couple of WD hardrives. No raid or anything like that.

Thanks so much
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reverting back to default = something wrong with the profile of that user. recreate the user account.

System error, strike any user to continue...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zooofer
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responce. I did delete the user account and created another basic user account. I set the gui for best performance and restarted. Visualy, the gui is very plain. I'm thinking woohoo, but the windows still "fade" in and out, even though all of the boxes in advanced system settings are unchecked. The fading is what annoys me the most. Any way, I know this is kinda cheesy to spend all of this time on the way a window opens. So I'm not going to drag this out anymore. Thanks for you patience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Operating Systems All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: