Windows 8!

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:26 am

The life-span of Windows 7 is not heralded or predicted.. yet. It should be viable for at least another 7 years, hopefully! Here is the 'inside info" direct from M$ concerning EOL for Windows XP~Win 7.
Windows 7 was created to "exorcize" the errors of Win Vista. But in that motion, Win XP was given an extended life term. While Win 7 fits most general use categories for computers and laptops, the Win 8 version will be more centered around hand-held pads and tablets.. superior to the "CE" version and has resident features for 'cloud' computing needs, plus the touch-screen and virtual reaction interface. Not to mention the "on-the-fly" EFT transfers! Yet Win 8 will still be compatible to older use intents.

As to older Windows OS versions, Win 98 was the "last of the breed" to have a true command-prompt mode.. and is vital where older programs are not compatible with 32-bit OS platforms. While W2K and newer versions have the 'command' mode, it is not as versatile as true 16-bit command mode.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:29 am

makes me miss DOS.

every once in a while my hands still type out DOS commands while i'm putzing in UNIX...

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby evasive » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:28 pm

anytime, anywhere....

http://www.dosbox.com/
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Well....I will pass also for the time being since XP still has a couple more years left in it.

The big thing with Windows 8 I think is tablet use ????
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War