Password recovery? Windows Vista Home

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Password recovery? Windows Vista Home

Postby ed4586 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Have my daugthers Acer laptop with Windows Vista...she forgot the Windows password...been searching the Internet for help without luck so far.

Anyone know how to recover the Vista login passord?

Thanks
ed4586
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Mark H » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:13 pm

From forum rules:
Due to the lack of ownership verification of computers, and laptops we are no longer offering any form of support for lost/forgotten passwords. This goes for BIOS, Windows log in, etc.

Sorry, can't help you
I have a photographic memory, only problem is, I ran out of film.
Mark H
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 am

As per Forum rules, no help provided with lost passwords.
But use whatever common passwords come to mind. You may be lucky with less than 100 tries! Normally, after the third try, you could be locked out for a while.
Tip: When the password is discovered, write it on a bit of white tape, and post inside the battery compartment!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ed4586 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 am

OK..understood

But can you help with clearing the CMOS?

It's a Toshiba L305, I have the CMOS boot password and can access the "security" screen..problem is..there is no option to clear the "supervisory password".

The window reads: User Password Is: Set
Supervisory Password Is: Clear

I located a windows password recovery utility...but feel that it won't boot because it can't get past the CMOS password.

So how do I clear the CMOS passord that I have? Some research indicates that even if I remove the keyboard and hit the CMOS clear jumper...the password still won't be cleared?

ed4586
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:58 am

No help available with CMOS passwords, either. Per Forum rules:
Topics such as "passwords" and "unlocking" features cannot be answered, on the Forum. This is due to lack of substantiated proof of ownership of the programming or device. If a Mod observes the thread as suspect, it will be locked. No help will be given for passwords or "unlocking" unless it is a general process with all systems. Certain programming discussions such as bit-torrent are not acceptable or condoned. If the question regards a general process similar to all systems, it may be allowed.

"Due to the lack of ownership verification of computers, and laptops we are no longer offering any form of support for lost/forgotten passwords. This goes for BIOS, Windows log in, etc.
ANY posts asking for help with removal or cracks to passwords will be deleted immediately.
Any questions on this new rule please feel free to PM or email me or one of the other moderators."
Thanks for your cooperation...
Toby B., Moderator.

Your only route would be to contact the manufacturer, and they may be able to help you. Or the person who put the password there.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Operating Systems