The Mother Board
Password recovery? Windows Vista Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed4586
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Password recovery? Windows Vista Home Reply with quote

Have my daugthers Acer laptop with Windows Vista...she forgot the Windows password...been searching the Internet for help without luck so far.

Anyone know how to recover the Vista login passord?

Thanks
Mark H
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From forum rules:
Quote:
Due to the lack of ownership verification of computers, and laptops we are no longer offering any form of support for lost/forgotten passwords. This goes for BIOS, Windows log in, etc.

Sorry, can't help you
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per Forum rules, no help provided with lost passwords.
But use whatever common passwords come to mind. You may be lucky with less than 100 tries! Normally, after the third try, you could be locked out for a while.
Tip: When the password is discovered, write it on a bit of white tape, and post inside the battery compartment!!
ed4586
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..understood

But can you help with clearing the CMOS?

It's a Toshiba L305, I have the CMOS boot password and can access the "security" screen..problem is..there is no option to clear the "supervisory password".

The window reads: User Password Is: Set
Supervisory Password Is: Clear

I located a windows password recovery utility...but feel that it won't boot because it can't get past the CMOS password.

So how do I clear the CMOS passord that I have? Some research indicates that even if I remove the keyboard and hit the CMOS clear jumper...the password still won't be cleared?

Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No help available with CMOS passwords, either. Per Forum rules:
Quote:
Topics such as "passwords" and "unlocking" features cannot be answered, on the Forum. This is due to lack of substantiated proof of ownership of the programming or device. If a Mod observes the thread as suspect, it will be locked. No help will be given for passwords or "unlocking" unless it is a general process with all systems. Certain programming discussions such as bit-torrent are not acceptable or condoned. If the question regards a general process similar to all systems, it may be allowed.

"Due to the lack of ownership verification of computers, and laptops we are no longer offering any form of support for lost/forgotten passwords. This goes for BIOS, Windows log in, etc.
ANY posts asking for help with removal or cracks to passwords will be deleted immediately.
Any questions on this new rule please feel free to PM or email me or one of the other moderators."
Thanks for your cooperation...
Toby B., Moderator.

Your only route would be to contact the manufacturer, and they may be able to help you. Or the person who put the password there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Operating Systems All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: