Ron Paul

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Ron Paul

Postby c327 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:00 am

Dr. Ron Paul is a decent honorable man and is the person who has the ability, knowledge and drive to restore our once great economy here in the United States. With out a sound economy the threat to our freedom as we think we know it is on the line.

Although some may not like what he says, he says it like it is which is not standard political fare. He gets my vote this year for sure if I have the opportunity.

“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” It can take a lifetime to earn it and a second to lose it. "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Mr T » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:13 am

To run into an argument here....

No country can restore their economy due to:
All countries are linked to each other through globalisation.
Banks are the controllers and are global.
The greed of individuals.
Politicians out for self gain.

Here in the UK, the government have said they are getting to grips with the economic downturn using taxation, job cuts, pay freezes and the like. Yet we still see multinationals with booming profits, banks laying staff off but handing out bonuses and are supposedly running at a loss.. The welfare state is crippling the country, we are propping up quite a bit of Europe and I can rant on...

Supposedly, our great leader, Mr Cameron is getting to grips with it...

Is it any different in the US - marginally, but like anything the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer whoever is in power...

The questions politicians need to be asked is
Where is the next war
What are the contingency plans for fuel deprivation
What are you going to do about corruption
and on, and on and on...

Look at it this way... The UK is like a microcosm of the US and we have had our election and we are far from being fixed....
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby bdub » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:35 am

ron paul is now the only one that could beat obama in a national election (huntsman might have been able, too) IF he was the republican nominee... as an independent, he will ensure obama another term by drawing republican votes his way.
i agree he does seem truthful.
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby ssamurai26 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:13 pm

He's the only republican candidate I would vote for, and he's not even a republican. What does that say about the state of the republican party today? I agree that he seems at the very least to be the most genuine out of the bunch, yet he gets no love from media.

It's a shame independents have no chance at winning.
"He o hitte shiri tsubome" - (There is no use scrunching up your buttocks after a fart)

Abit KN9 Ultra
AMD X2 3800
Corsair DDR2 2X2GB
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
Intel SSD
150GB Raptor
1TB WD Green X3

(hooked up to new 100M FTTH line)
ssamurai26
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby ssamurai26 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 pm

He's the only republican candidate I would vote for, and he's not even a republican. What does that say about the state of the republican party today? I agree that he seems at the very least to be the most genuine out of the bunch, yet he gets no love from media.

"He o hitte shiri tsubome" - (There is no use scrunching up your buttocks after a fart)

Abit KN9 Ultra
AMD X2 3800
Corsair DDR2 2X2GB
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
Intel SSD
150GB Raptor
1TB WD Green X3

(hooked up to new 100M FTTH line)
ssamurai26
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Roach412 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:13 am

yay for the broken 2-party system in the united states.

you get tweedle-dee or tweedle-dum, you can't have anyone else - pick the least-worst of your two options, whether there's 2 candidates or 10 running. pick the democrat or the republican.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 512gb SATAIII SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Sennheiser PC 350 Headset
Saitek Eclipse II
Logitech MX518
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby bdub » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:21 am

Roach412 wrote:yay for the broken 2-party system in the united states.

you get tweedle-dee or tweedle-dum, you can't have anyone else - pick the least-worst of your two options, whether there's 2 candidates or 10 running. pick the democrat or the republican.

-Roach

there's other countries that have a lot more choices and their governments wind up just as broken. there isn't any one great solution. it comes down to making due with what you get. if more people truly got involved in really looking at the issues, and not so lobbied by special interests, we'd have a much larger, well rounded base of voters, who could attract more quality candidates to run...
unfortuantely we got a country at least half full of dummies (people that care more about the kardashians and the golden globes, than politics). who do you really blame?
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Roach412 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:59 am

voter marginalization is a huge problem here - i know (and have felt as one) many voters who simply don't vote because it doesn't typically matter. like in this case, where a viable candidate will have no chance of winning simply because only the 2 primary parties will get a) money b) media coverage c) anything else pertinent to success in an election d) all of the above

so, sure there's a ton of idiots out there - but, giving them more "options" doesn't necessarily provide them with information they need to make them intelligent voters. our electorate system was set in-place for a number of reasons, but one was because of the speed at which information travels to the population. it's horribly out-dated for that aspect. the other major reason was electoral power of high-population areas (i.e. rural vs urban), which i think is partially out-dated. it still makes sense, as rural voters should not be drowned out by the screaming masses of city-dwellers, but i think there's better ways to handle it.

unfortunately, until the electoral system is re-worked a bit, there's not much of a chance for somebody to come into the election and win it. rather, they will almostalways "steal" votes from another contender, and make it easier for the other "big party" candidate to win. typically this is the incumbant...so, at this point in time it's very likely that obama will still be in office. which a significant portion of "blame" can be attributed simply to the system, not necessarily the voters (or non-voters).

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 512gb SATAIII SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Sennheiser PC 350 Headset
Saitek Eclipse II
Logitech MX518
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:13 am

Don't worry, Roach412 - to make up for you not voting, there will be plenty of illegal residents, dead people,felons, etc. voting as long as we don't require voters to have the same picture ID that they'd need to buy a pack of smokes or booze...

In Minnesota, Senator Franken won by a margin less than the 'discovered' felon voters...

I like Ron Paul's fiscal policies, but his foreign policy makes me nervous, still I'd vote for him over Obama in a heartbeat.
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby cw4cam » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 pm

ssamurai26 wrote:He's the only republican candidate I would vote for, and he's not even a republican. What does that say about the state of the republican party today? I agree that he seems at the very least to be the most genuine out of the bunch, yet he gets no love from media.

:o :o The independents DID win the last time around. :roll:
"A pessimist sees a problem with an opportunity. an optimist sees an opportunity with a problem."
Winston Churchill

Civilization is invaded by barbarians every generation. (author unknown)
cw4cam
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War