sophisticated spy anti-malware and virus software

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

sophisticated spy anti-malware and virus software

Postby betobato » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Hello Community,
I am looking for a sophisticated spy anti-malware and virus software the ones that big companies and the government uses it, does anyone have any suggestion?
Thanks
Jon
betobato
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:19 am

Some top names are AVG, McAfee and Norton.. plus Kaspersky and Avast, among others. Here is a list of the Top Ten from one survey. You also would want an anti-rootkit feature! A free version should provide adequate protection, but the purchased software will be the best option.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 am

A free version should provide adequate protection, but the purchased software will be the best option.

Have tried several of the free versions of antivirus and a few paid versions of anti virus software as well...

With the free version of AVG, my computer got a virus even with everything up to date. AVG would see the virus but would not touch it.

On another PC I had a paid version of Mcafee. Same scenario, got a virus with the program being up to date. Had to shell out more money for Norton of all programs to get that PC cleaned..

And while on the subject of Norton, it's an infection in its own right. Its extremely bloated, attatches to other files and makes for a hell of a time to completely rid the system of its bits if you choose to go with another program.

Computer Associates, and Avast I have also ran into problems with viruses.

So far the only free program I have not encountered a problem with is Microsoft's Security Essentials. BUT I only have it on my laptop at the moment and don't use the laptop much these days..
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security