Advertisement cause size problems

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 am

I'm missing out on some of the ads due to ABP it seems :)

as for 3) that is doen for people that hate scrolling and don't want to use the backspace key on the keyboard....
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:39 am

evasive wrote:as for 3) that is doen for people that hate scrolling and don't want to use the backspace key on the keyboard....

umm, a floating menu would solve that.. (like that annoying little box on hp's site "did you find this useful?")

but I still fail to see the reasoning for 3 links when all three are in the same viewable portion of the header.. If you're going to scroll up enough to see one you're generally going to use the first one you come to... Maybe an idea would be to have a roll-over menu on the motherboards link in the channelpro block...
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Its happening in FireFox as well.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Matt Whitlock » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:21 am

@all - If any of you are still seeing the squished to one side issue, make sure you do a hard refresh to clear any cache and pull the latest rev of the style sheet. That should fix that.

As part of this redesigning process, the forum has been locked to a fixed size identical to the main site and should float in the center of the screen. That plus new header offers a more consistent design feel across the main site and the forum.

If any of you have thoughts or suggestions, I'd be happy to take them back to the Motherboards.org team for you.

@Toby B.

1. In the diagrams I was shown there will be something to the right of that IMU space down the road. I don't think it will be an ad, but some kind of HTML module to show related content or threads from the forum or main site.

2. I don't have anything to do with pre-loaded avatars. I'm only implementing new features and updating the templates and style sheets. Nothing I'm doing should affect that kind of thing, but if I inadvertently broke something let me know and I'll look into it.

3. A little yes, but three is better than one. :D I'm going to ask about removing the logo link in the header when in the forum. I keep wanting to click it to go back to the forum index. That would only leave two.
Matt Whitlock
Site Staff

Postby Toby B. » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 am

the missing avatars may have been killied off in transition somewhere along the line...

Reason I mentioned it was Im seeing a red x where evasive's avatar used to be...

trying to load the image in its own tab I get:
1044: Access denied for user 'webuser'@'66.34.2.28' to database 'folding'
1146: Table 'mobot.members_main' doesn't exist
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/var/www/virtual/motherboards.org/htdocs/includes/int_libs/classes/db_mysql.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
ÿØÿàJFIFÿþ>CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Matt Whitlock » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Toby B. wrote:the missing avatars may have been killied off in transition somewhere along the line...

Reason I mentioned it was Im seeing a red x where evasive's avatar used to be...

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/var/www/virtual/motherboards.org/htdocs/includes/int_libs/classes/db_mysql.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />

This may be related to a different issue (not what I've been working on), but I do have an idea what's causing it. I'll have this looked into.
Matt Whitlock
Site Staff

Postby Toby B. » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Matt Whitlock wrote:
Toby B. wrote:the missing avatars may have been killied off in transition somewhere along the line...

<br />

This may be related to a different issue (not what I've been working on), but I do have an idea what's causing it. I'll have this looked into.

mucho gracious..
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Forum Problems/Errors