Disrespect!

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Disrespect!

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:34 am

Was there a channel on the idiotbox, oops I mean TV, where I can get a copy of yesterdays ceremony, at Ground Zero, that does not have people such as George Stephanopolis flapping his lips the whole time?

I got so angry, yesterday, at ABC's disrespectful talking during the bagpipers march and flagfolding and other parts that I almost threw something at the TV! That ceremony make me cry every year. It really gets to me. :(

To me, that ceremony is very, very important. Although I was not there, or anything like that, to me that was a tremendous attack on America. And the media, especially on ABC, were soooooo rude during many parts of yesterdays ceremony!!!

So, I would like to know if any station, or some other media, recorded the whole situation without flapping their arrogant lips the whole time. Does anyone know of one?

(I put this in the HYW just in case anyone disagreed with me about ABC, etc.)
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:34 am

I think we can get unanymous agreement on the big tv stations being moronic in treating ceremonies, no matter what kind.

As to your question:
For starters you can email ABC and try to ask them in very nice wordings for a copy without the comment. The comment is mixed in on a different channel, the actual recording on site does not have the comment in it. If you are lucky there's some people taking their own handycam with them to record the whole thing. I'd check out the firemen's forums/websites or something like that. Heck, if enough people are asking, you could release it on DVD.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks evasive! And I totally agree that they were all moronic on important events such as this one.

I can never seem to find the places where someone can make comments to the station on the station itself. I always see the editors/announcers, etc. making comments about how they received comments but can never find out where the comments came from or where they were into the site.

Anyone know how to do that on the big stations? Where is the e-mail link to ABC or NBC or CBS for that matter? I searched for them but could not find them.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mr T » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:06 pm

I concur... Even the BBC in the UK, is annoying in its disrespect in all these big events, by some idiot (paid a lot of cash) to constantly talk..
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:59 am

Unanimous consensus.. those TV hosts are PAID to be jabber-blabber-mouths! Not intentionally disrespectful of solemn ceremonies, but unaware of being so. In one sense, that is a simulcast airing.. being on both television and radio at the same time.. so a partial reason for all the blather.
In a few weeks (or months), other broadcasters will create a composite video of the ceremony, with different vocal overlays.. such as the History Channel, or Discovery Channel.. without all that annoying chatter.
Due to the possible terrorist threats against the country, security is much higher than 11 years ago. But the video/audio broadcasters do have Web sites.. with many venues of inquiry.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 am

Clicking the feedback button in the NBC home page:
Contemporary Consumers Privacy Statement
Contemporary Consumers will not share, sell, or reveal any individual’s personal information obtained from this (or any survey we ask you to take) to any persons, companies or organizations outside of Contemporary Consumers. The information obtained from this survey will only be viewed in the aggregate, and will not be linked to any individual survey respondent.

You must be at least 18 years old to participate in any Contemporary Consumers survey.
before I can send anything in there. Not good.

ABC:
http://abc.go.com/site/contact-us

CBS:
http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/f ... l_form.php

have fun.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks everyone, it is good to know that I am not the only one that feels this way.

Evasive, thanks for the shortcuts! They have all received a piece of my mind now. I tried my very best to be polite while still getting my true, strong emotion across.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:04 pm

You're welcome. I have been on quite a few badly designed websites, so I know where to dig out the good bits :)
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:04 am

Apparently the media think that we're too dumb to know what we're looking at if we watch an event - so they tell us what we're supposed to think about it... and what to buy, etc.
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War