News of the World shutting down

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

News of the World shutting down

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:16 am

I totally agree with what they are doing.

With that said, if anyone tries to tell me that the other networks, especially the big 3 CBS, NBC and ABC, do not do this in many, if not most, of their reporting I will fall out of my chair rolling in laughter.

The media, especially the ones I listed, are so believed and practically worshiped that along with their twists, lies and practices such as these they should be banned or at least severely regulated.

Anything a paid media operator/reporter says or implies should have to be proven.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mr T » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 pm

It is odd how this is coming out now, when it has previously been investigated (phone hacking scandal), just when Murdoch is trying to buy out BskyB, the UK's ONLY satellite provider....(he Owns the company that owns News Of The World)....
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Re: News of the World shutting down

Postby bdub » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:12 am

CivilDissent wrote:With that said, if anyone tries to tell me that the other networks, especially the big 3 CBS, NBC and ABC, do not do this in many, if not most, of their reporting I will fall out of my chair rolling in laughter.

so you are saying most of the major news reporting agencies tap the phones of potential news worthy subjects??? let's get this clear, now.
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby evasive » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:43 am

wondering if it is possible to prove that. if they are able to tap the lines for this long, don't you think the phone companies need to cooperate or hush-hush the tapping?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 am

this wasn't phone-tapping...it was phone hacking, just to set that straight.

i'd have to agree with CivilDissent on it though, there's no way this technique is only(was only) being used by News of the World. 0% chance, none, ziltch.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Toby B. » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 am

corporate is corporate.. No matter if its Big Oil, Big Media, or walmart. Do what you have to to outdo your competition and hope you don't get caught.
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:46 am

Toby B. wrote:corporate is corporate.. No matter if its Big Oil, Big Media, or walmart. Do what you have to to outdo your competition and hope you don't get caught.

corporations are just groupings of individuals...so it's really exacerbated humanistic nature. if one guy has one of something, the next guy is going to want two...hardly related to "corporate".

-Roach
EVGA GTX 660ti
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby bdub » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 am

Roach412 wrote:this wasn't phone-tapping...it was phone hacking, just to set that straight-Roach

oh excuse me...
so you are saying that most of the major news agencies HACK the phones of potential news-worthy subjects???

the bribery accusations coming out are getting pretty far reaching, too. do all three of the major broadcast news outlets here in america bribe the police and security for heads of state too?
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Roach412 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:41 pm

bdub wrote:
Roach412 wrote:this wasn't phone-tapping...it was phone hacking, just to set that straight-Roach

oh excuse me...
so you are saying that most of the major news agencies HACK the phones of potential news-worthy subjects???

yes. i don't think this is that extreme of a thought...many types of hacking are not hard, especially when it's because phones users don't alter their PIN. call any random cell number and put in a default PIN. congrats, you just "hacked" a phone.

i thought it needed to be clarified that this wasn't tapping. that's a completely different act, which requires entirely different equipment. the news outlets (pretty much all of them) are using hacking and tapping synonymously, and they aren't.

bdub wrote:the bribery accusations coming out are getting pretty far reaching, too. do all three of the major broadcast news outlets here in america bribe the police and security for heads of state too?

yes. again, i don't think this is too extremist. bribes happen all over the place, all the time, on all levels. :mb_dontknow::

-Roach
EVGA GTX 660ti
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:27 am

bdub wrote:
CivilDissent wrote:With that said, if anyone tries to tell me that the other networks, especially the big 3 CBS, NBC and ABC, do not do this in many, if not most, of their reporting I will fall out of my chair rolling in laughter.

so you are saying most of the major news reporting agencies tap the phones of potential news worthy subjects??? let's get this clear, now.

All you have to do is watch 60 Minutes, 20/20 or one of those kinds of goofy shows, a few times, and you will flat out see the show showing someone being taped, or recorded from a van, or some such thing. The people being taped are either sitting at a park bench or talking on a phone, etc.. And, many of those types of shows are directly related to the "news" of that network.

I think it is quite interesting how those liberal networks think it is a great thing to do while hiding under their guise of freedom of the press but do not do it to them or they do not have their freedom. What hypocrites.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War