The Mother Board
Spam building up where are the moderators?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Forum Problems/Errors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Spam building up where are the moderators? Reply with quote

To who it may concern. It looks like we are under attack from various spammers again especially in the folding forum. It would seem to me that Evasive is the only moderator who is actually moderating at this time and unfortunately he is unavailable right now. I would suggest that you have a clearout of the current moderators some of whom haven't done any moderating for years and appoint some new ones who actually visit these forums and care about what happens here.

Thank you

Pete
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think trasher2 is also in here from time to time to update the news.Once I get back from my holiday Iĺl get going again. Bali is not known for itś speedy reliable internet connections owned

System error, strike any user to continue...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all - Evasive.. right ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY, I hope you are not reading this...

Last posting date by moderators
  1. Oct 22nd 2009
  2. March 19 2010
  3. September 13 2010
  4. May 24 2010
  5. August 19 2008
  6. Sep 17 2010
  7. September 16, 2010
  8. August 29, 2009
  9. December 1, 2009
  10. November 1, 2007

Thanks to the green/blue ones for holding things together. However this does support what Pette said regarding the number of inactive mods - this must be a bit unfair on the remaining active ones.

Last edited by Twisty on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention it's not a requirement for mods to post. Most don't, they just do their job and pitch in if need be. I rarely post on the forums I moderate. No need to. Delete all posts by offending memeber and delete member. Nothing to be said, is there?

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fussnfeathers wrote:
Not to mention it's not a requirement for mods to post. Most don't, they just do their job and pitch in if need be. I rarely post on the forums I moderate. No need to. Delete all posts by offending memeber and delete member. Nothing to be said, is there?

I disagree, Mods are not just here to moderate, they were appointed mainly on the strength of their technical knowledge so what's the point of having a moderator who isn't contributing the forum? Nobody pitches in here, they leave it all to Evasive and just recently HWJ. The fact that spam was allowed to stay on the forums for days on end to me shows how things have gone downhill, years ago it would have been gone within the hour.

Pete
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fussnfeathers wrote:

Other forums may operate like that but I don't think a forum with moderators who do not contribute is a good place to be. I think it is good that this forum has never operated like that.

All the mods on this forum have done a fantastic job, but some of them seem to have moved on and I believe the forum would benefit from some new appointments.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all involved, shoot a PM to Doc about this and we'll see what happens.

Just got back from a well-deserved holiday in Indonesia...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisty wrote:
fussnfeathers wrote:

Other forums may operate like that but I don't think a forum with moderators who do not contribute is a good place to be. I think it is good that this forum has never operated like that.

All the mods on this forum have done a fantastic job, but some of them seem to have moved on and I believe the forum would benefit from some new appointments.

Oh, I never said I never post at all, I do. But me being a mod on one particular forum, I have to be as neutral as possible, so I don't really post more than the technical stuff I know, maybe a joke here and there. That's a personal thing, really. I don't want somebody coming back to squeeze my berries because I banned a member that appeared to be a favorite member, or God forbid I punish a member that's known to be at odds with the favoirite........my life would be hell. I DO have 4000 posts there, cool Personally, when the forum is rockin', I don't have time to respond to posts, just that simple.

I agree though, along with the new site design coming, we need some fresh blood to liven things up.

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how much power Evasive actually wields on the forum. I certainly don't have a delete user button or anything unfortunately...

evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me neither, all I do is put their smut in the Banning Stick forum and report them to Doc or Trasher2 (the admins).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Forum Problems/Errors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: