STEAMPOWER.COM

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

STEAMPOWER.COM

Postby lannaheim » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:57 pm

safe or niot safe? gives out spyware?

Kid says you can go on this site and buy games. I-Tunes for games.

BTW: I know absolutely nothing about gaming. Thats why I am asking you in this forum.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
--- Groucho Marx

A member of Folding Team number 33258 for a cure for PARKINSONS DISEASE
lannaheim
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby hunter1801 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:37 pm

It's actually "steampowerED.com" not "steampower.com

But ya, it's safe. It's pretty much the biggest, most well known online gaming "site/program" out there.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Roach412 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:08 pm

like hunter says: www.steampowered.com

no idea what steampower.com is... could be a malware/virus site - would be a good grab for misspelled web attempts to the legit site.

i use steam all the time - have well over 100 games registered through it.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby lannaheim » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:51 am

no, you were right, i had mis-typed it. Everyone agreed it was a safe site. I was concerned because this particular teenager has wiped out his family cmoputer twice by downloading bad stuff irresponsibly.

Thanks for all the help!
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
--- Groucho Marx

A member of Folding Team number 33258 for a cure for PARKINSONS DISEASE
lannaheim
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby fussnfeathers » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:21 am

Roach412 wrote:no idea what steampower.com is... could be a malware/virus site - would be a good grab for misspelled web attempts to the legit site.

It's just a small portal site dedicated to steam power, like trains, engines, toys.......appears perfectly harmless, they just link to other sites and online publications.
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 am

yep, none of my scripting/ad/malware detection stuff went off...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

about Steam

Postby timeDrift » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:15 am

I been with them for a long time I buy the games like half-life crysis portal when it came to the holidays I buy more games which I down load and did not play them on till the new year was over come to find out I was giving a 15 min time out three time I could not e-mail them or any thing so I had to call my credited card and tell them what happen come to fine out the c.c could not call or e-mail so the games I have buy before are now gone so now I have to go back the old way and buy the cd games now because it seem that the company dose not care they just closed you out with no explain at all so people be very careful with steam
timeDrift
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby OldPhatDad » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm no fan of Steam, even though I have a few games through them (some great $5 deals I couldn't pass up), but they're no fly-by-night service. With around 40 million active accounts, you can probably be pretty certain it's a safe enough service to use.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say your problem was in your post, timeDrift, but if you have an issue with Steam, you should be able to get it resolved through them.
Antec Nine Hundred
Intel C2D E6750 @ 3.6 Ghz
Gigabyte P35 DS3L
Mushkin Redlines 2 x2GB kit
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 896 MB
WD 250 GB SATA2
Seagate 160 GB SATA
WD 500 GB SATA2
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
PC P&C Silencer 750W
Windows XP SP3
OldPhatDad
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Roach412 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:57 am

i was a big critic of steam when it first started - but, i've come to love it. now i am very critical of any other game delivery system (i.e. Origin), since i have yet to find one that is as simple and useful.

as long as you're mindful of your keys that you get from them, you're capable of using them with normal media installations typically. so, even if steam were to disappear, you still have your installation keys - just go find the software and install away.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

never buy games from steam.com

Postby timeDrift » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:56 pm

would like to said never buy games from steam.com because if you have buy games back about two to three years you can for get it because they want number and more so I lost my half-life orange box plus crysis plus portal I try to get help but they give you a 15 min time out like a kid and then when you go for the help site they send you to get a notice that the acct is own by somebody else and I got back up disc with the games but it would not let me in to get key number so if any body now were I can buy the disc it would help me out alot because it seems that the buy on line games got worse or one more think write down all your number key games because once you lock out for get it it lose
timeDrift
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Next

Return to Games