MW2 & Fraps

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

MW2 & Fraps

Postby bhstr99 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Hello I have a ATI 5750, a Phenon 9150e 1.8GHz Quad.

I'm running modern warfare 2 on MAX settings without AAx4 at 60Hz.

When gaming on MW2 randomly my FPS will drop to like 1-2 and I'll lag so bad for like 3-4seconds and it'll go back up to 91FPS

average according to fraps It runs well with 80-91 FPS. I've tried running other games such as Sniper Ghost Warrior, Combat Arms and I've had no problems with them I'm also able to record smoothly but with Modern Warfare 2 It's being a problem. :(

What I've tried:
Uninstalling/Reinstalling
Verifying game thingy on steam
defragging from steam.

Also as i ddin't know where to post this question, It's that my temps are going near 55degrees when on youtube and hotmail etc, and when gaming i think it rises 1-2 thats it. I'm kinda worried but are these temps expected as It's really hot and summer is woah :|
Here is a picture of EVEREST and the temps and stuff: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6207/73452974.jpg

thanks for your help.
bhstr99
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Can you play MW in offline mode?

1.Start Steam online - make sure the Remember my password box on the login window is checked
2.Verify that all game files are completely updated - you can see the update status for a game under the Library section (when the game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode)
3.Launch the game you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download - shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played
4.Go to Steam > Settings to ensure the Don't save account credentials on this computer option is not selected
5.From the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select Go Offline
6.Click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode

Try that, if you're leaving it connected to Steam while playing, see if it helps with your problem.
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby bhstr99 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:18 am

Oh but doesn't mw2 require for me to be online to connect to multiplayer?
bhstr99
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby fussnfeathers » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 pm

No, but try it in offline mode to see if it still happens. More likely it's a problem with Steam, they never have managed to get the online servers right.
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby katlinfrench » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 am

I always concern to my vendor for it.
katlinfrench
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Games