Website Ads

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Website Ads

Postby c327 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:48 am

Just curious. I am seeing ads at the top of the page of this website. Is this supposed to be?
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby evasive » Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 am

yep. they should be newegg or similar. this is a sponsored website. you may have grown accustomed to not seeing them if using something like adblock plus in firefox...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby AmEv » Sun May 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Well, they're not anymore. I even got a "new email" thing.
I'm gonna get my new hardware. And my worklog here.
AmEv
Black Belt
Black Belt

Location: Wanting to be at these forums, but not as active as they

Postby fussnfeathers » Sun May 16, 2010 7:53 pm

If you didn't look in the Forum Problems/Errors forum up top, the promotion the old ad banners were on ran out, the staff is working on a new ad promotion that should put us back with just content related ads any time now. I forget who noticed, had Adblock on, but NoScript apparently didn't work, so he got the popup from a blocked ad he couldn't see..............last couple of days, I've seen the Motherboards.org logo at the top of the page fairly frequently.

But yes, the ad banner at the top of the page has been there at least as long as I have, more than a year. Pretty much always been there, as far as I know. Half the main page is ads, too. 8)
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site