The Mother Board
I've had enough
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: I've had enough Reply with quote

of these tiny work-units crying All I've been getting recently is these 47, 84 and 123 pointers. I'm running a reasonably fast machine i.e. a Core 2 E7300 with 2GB of DDR2, and previously I had been getting 900+ points per work-units.

Is there something I can change or at least check in my config to bring back the big work units or is it all under the control of Stanford? I know for sure that I already opted to receive the 10MB+ "big" work-units during the config setup. confused
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There still are quite a few high-point units available, many with 1,000+ points. The Current Projects list:
The Console Commands have to be parsed correctly, or will not be associated. Console User Guide. This is how the "big" units should be parsed into the Client.cfg file.. bigpackets=yes
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K, make sure you're using version 6.23. Try all the different settings ie small/normal/large and add or remove the -advmethods flag.

Sometimes the projects work in strange ways. Some projects give massive points but in fact are classed as small units, I think there's a project running right now like that.

Pete
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pette Broad wrote:
O.K, make sure you're using version 6.23. Try all the different settings ie small/normal/large and add or remove the -advmethods flag.

Sometimes the projects work in strange ways. Some projects give massive points but in fact are classed as small units, I think there's a project running right now like that.

Pete

Thanks for the help.

However, I went through all the combinations of small, normal and big, both with and without the -advmethods flag and they all kept throwing me the 6501 project worth 123 points.

One slight oddity I did notice was that I'm actually running version 6.24 not 6.23, should I downgrade?
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrG wrote:

Thanks for the help.

However, I went through all the combinations of small, normal and big, both with and without the -advmethods flag and they all kept throwing me the 6501 project worth 123 points.

One slight oddity I did notice was that I'm actually running version 6.24 not 6.23, should I downgrade?

No, don't downgrade, I somehow missed the release of 6.24. Anyway, all I'm getting is the 123 point units, guess that's all there is at the moment.

Pete
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two WUs in progress that are worth more than 1400 points combined, got them only a few days ago. Should be another day or two to submission.
MrG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or are all the servers dead??? eek

I've not been able to send or receive for 2 days. evil
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, some of the servers are down right now. I managed to get work by removing the -advmethods flag and specifying big units. I think there are other combinations of flags/options that work, -advmethods and small units is one possibility.

Pete
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not having any luck with receiving decent work units. The biggest ones I'm getting are the P6501 which offer 123 points, compared to the 900+ pointers I'm used to getting evil

Is there anyway of checking my CFG file to make sure all the settings are correct? I keep rerunning the config and ensuring I select big work units but I'm only getting these little tiddlers.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The control file is "Config.cfg", located in the program's folder.
You can view it easily, but don't edit it unless you know what parsing is needed! Best to shut the process down, then use the command {Program Name} -configonly as noted in the Console Client User Guide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: