The Mother Board
Is the P2499 WU valid???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Is the P2499 WU valid??? Reply with quote

My tiny little 1.6Ghz Intel ATOM Netbook has just received a P2499 WU as detailed below:
http://fci.ter-stats.co.uk/fci/?target=projects.plc&project=2499&show_image=rotate&show-inactive-clients=1

However, the FAH Monitor program has no details of it and states its deadline and credit as "UKNOWN" and judging by the above link the WU is inactive.

Should I delete it and hope to get a different one or stick with it?

My ETA is 12 days, so I'm well within the capability of its 42 day preferred deadline.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the WU in progress. If it came from Stanford and is listed on their current projects lists, it is valid.. http://vspx27.stanford.edu/psummaryC.html . And if the process is not listed there, it may be in pre-release (Beta) testing to ensure the results concur with lab tests.
It may take a week or more for the F@H monitor program to come abreast of all the newest projects.
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently running a P2499 myself. The project is valid although it is not on the current projects list or the comprehensive projects list at this time. It has been in the past.

Project : 2499
Core : Gromacs
Frames : 100
Credit : 905

-- Spock --

Min. Time / Frame : 57mn 42s - 225.86 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 1h 03mn 58s - 203.73 ppd
Cur. Time / Frame : 58mn 14s - 223.79 ppd
R3F. Time / Frame : 58mn 14s - 223.79 ppd
Eff. Time / Frame : 4h 29mn 13s - 48.41 ppd

My FahMon tracks progress of the work unit, as I had downloaded the project data when it was available on stanfords project list page. You can still update your data base to track the WU according to this page:http://trac.fahmon.net/wiki/HowToFahinfoProjectList
It can be a little confusing....If you need help post back. Or Stanford may add it back to the projects list......

MrG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boheemee wrote:
I am currently running a P2499 myself. The project is valid although it is not on the current projects list or the comprehensive projects list at this time. It has been in the past.

Project : 2499
Core : Gromacs
Frames : 100
Credit : 905

-- Spock --

Min. Time / Frame : 57mn 42s - 225.86 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 1h 03mn 58s - 203.73 ppd
Cur. Time / Frame : 58mn 14s - 223.79 ppd
R3F. Time / Frame : 58mn 14s - 223.79 ppd
Eff. Time / Frame : 4h 29mn 13s - 48.41 ppd

My FahMon tracks progress of the work unit, as I had downloaded the project data when it was available on stanfords project list page. You can still update your data base to track the WU according to this page:http://trac.fahmon.net/wiki/HowToFahinfoProjectList
It can be a little confusing....If you need help post back. Or Stanford may add it back to the projects list......

Thank you, thank you, thank you big grin That worked a treat! Now all I need to do is wait another 7 days for it to finish razz
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"MrG" .... Glad to hear it worked for you......Fold On

Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the F@H processes, running a screen saver can sap valuable CPU cycles as well as work the GPU harder. Use the 'blank screen' setting after about 5 mins. or so of non-use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: