The Mother Board
Question 1: Only 1 PS2 on board, how to use w/ 2 peripherals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarJabba
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fussnfeathers wrote:
This would be better.

Nice pricew...only 10 bucks. Of course I need a trackball type mouse. I have a Logitech Trackman Marble FX. My keyboard is a MS Ergonomic. I know these are old, but kept in great condition and really fit me like a glove. When I play games (FPS) I do very good (Muahahaha).

BarJabba
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a new Trackman Marble for $30 that's USB, and I would suggest trying the MS Comfort Curve keyboards. I've got a couple of the top level keyboards you have (split style) and I like the comfort curve better. I've got a discontinured wireless set, keyboard and laser mouse 6000 that I paid $15 for off a clearance sale site.

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarJabba
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow fussnfeathers, where do you get such deals?

I would have to see them before I could get them. I am sinking my $$ into this upgrade, so it will be a few months before I can get more additions. With hyper-inflation around the corner, I need to get them before too late. Quandry, I know.

I will see if I can get a pic of the Keyboard & Mouse you propose. I really need the split keyboard, because of my left hand having problems. It's a weird thing, but I have it and have to deal with it.

Thanks fussnfeathers!

BarJabba
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109156

There's one a couple of steps above the base model. I think mine is more or less the old Laser Desktop 4000, at least that's what driver I used for it. Technically a Microsoft Mac keyboard (oxymoron, I know) that uses Intellitype. Nice keyboard, I really like the sweep of the curve, compared to the almost severe angle of the older ergo keyboards. If you want to get close to your current keyboard with some improvements you might like, look at this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109148 . Re-engineered version of your current keyboard. And they still make a plain version of the original ergo keyboard, just all white now, instead of blue and off-white. That's still the old PS/2 interface, just comes with a USB adapter.

Poke around the 'net. Deals pop up from time to time on the good sites, sometimes you just have to be patient, is all.

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarJabba
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: MS NAtural is good Reply with quote

Yeah, I need to have the same type of keyboard that I have. That is why I never got away from this keyboad. It fits so good and I just haven't found one that is this good.

The one you refer to is very good, and I may just see if I can get a budget for it. I did find a mouse and keyboard @ Logitech. The TrackMAn Marble they have is ok. I really would like the base to be the same, I rest my rist on it. The original has a high lift into the palm of the hand. This is well suited to me. However, the two at Logitech are good as well.

the Comfort Desktop Laser (it's under Keyboard & Mouse combos @ Logitech) is the one I would get. I don't like the mouse they put with this kBoard. The do have the "update" trackMan Marble. May be I could get a deal with Logitech wink

BarJabba
videobruce
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why is there only one port?? crazy
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

videobruce wrote:
Then why is there only one port??

Laptops are cramped for space.. so a single port eases that problem.
The PS2 mouse/keyboard port is identical in physical status, but the data pins for the keyboard and mouse are different. The +5 volts, clock and ground connections are the same. With only one port for a laptop, you could use either a keyboard or mouse externally. But the splitter/adapter allows use of both, externally.
videobruce
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok, but we are talking about ATX MB's. wink
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

videobruce wrote:
Quote:
Ok, but we are talking about ATX MB's. wink

Same condition applies. The board manufacturer considers that the majority of users will have a USB keyboard and mouse feature.. and saves about a dollar for each "omitted" PS2 port. The "legacy" serial ports and floppy drive ports are somewhat obsolete.. like the ISA card slots. The PS2 ports may be next??
videobruce
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS2 keyboard and USB mouse? That doesn't make a lot of sense either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: