Forum Avatars - non functional for a long time

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Forum Avatars - non functional for a long time

Postby Ghen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 am

How do these avatars function, do they pull XML data or something? Has anyone looked into making them work again? I love the look of a graphic plus one raw number rather than the statistics driven signature images that exist today..
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Avatars can be a BMP, GIF or JPG image.. or other. They have a file name, and you can find their origin by right-clicking on the image and choosing 'properties'.
Likely many of the Avatars and icons from years back are no longer available, due to "downsizing" or not being popular. Any specific Avatar you want can be used, as long as it is in good taste (not offensive), and meets the space requirements for such. Use any trusted hosting site for your image, or upload it to the Forum for access. Use the command string Image for those residing on our Forum. For those on hosting sites, use their IP address with the appropriate file name.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ghen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:32 pm

I ment the folding avatars like this one

<-----------
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm

I think Doug Harbert (DHarbert) handled those. Might be worth PM'ing him. He's not folding right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see him again at some stage.

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:07 pm

I do have a huge collection of Avatars and icons.. more than 7 megs, over 1400 files. I could PM any that are needed. Quite a few are from other sites and Web pages, but I think I may have all those original AMD/Intel Avatars. Like collecting stamps! :lol:
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team